Biden accomplished in 1 month what Trump failed to do in 4 years. Approval ratings 62%

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
This was set in motion long before social media. Rush Limbaugh was skullfucking Americans in the early 90s. Blaming it on social media is a fucking simpleton statement. Learn to fucking think for yourselves and stop blaming everyone else for your gullibility.

I've said this many a time before. Perhaps you've got no memory, or got no sense to understand the snippet's connection to the greater argument.

The full context is "modern communications" and human nature toward dogmatic tribalism. To form religion and to burn heretics. You've got the vengeful crusader part down.

Of course it was happening in the 90s. But the mainstreaming of the internet was a radical leap forward for conformity and towards hating others. To replace man's faith in science and reason.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
No matter what Biden does, how hard he tries, or the fairly coherent speeches that he gives, Joe still seems to most people as too frail and too senile. THAT is his problem. No matter the truth or accuracy of what Biden says, its too easy for the righties to constantly focus on his appearance and frailty and never on the content. If Joe was 20 years younger and 20 years better appearing, how many points would that give Joe? I think Joe could easily maintain the low 50 percent favorable.
It's a bitch getting old, and it ravages ones poll numbers.

Joe is never going to get the credit that he deserves. Compared to Donald Trump who could only spew his incoherent BS and to praise himself, yet Trump appeared able to do the job. Able, if one doesn't mind a total idiot doing that job.
It is sad when Joe would suffer in the polls and cost democrats elections simply because of Joe's age and appearance.

People never seem to realize that it could get a lot worse. We could have a congress of total insanity ran by the Marjorie Taylor Greene's, and a Ron DeSantis presidency that would legislate bigotry nationwide. Or... the return of Donald Trump and full-on dictatorship.
Or.... or.... simply another term for Joe Biden and coherency.

PS...
Reflecting on the Putin rally of late, just imagine every citizen residing in a given city receiving a notice much like a call for Jury Duty, however this notice threatens that you must attend an upcoming Trump rally.... or face the consequences.

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002
Joe was never much of a public speaker nor all that impressive in general. He's an easy target as you say. Whereas with Obama all they really had was uses big words and wore a tan suit.

Reactions: cytg111

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I've said this many a time before. Perhaps you've got no memory, or got no sense to understand the snippet's connection to the greater argument.

The full context is "modern communications" and human nature toward dogmatic tribalism. To form religion and to burn heretics. You've got the vengeful crusader part down.

Of course it was happening in the 90s. But the mainstreaming of the internet was a radical leap forward for conformity and towards hating others. To replace man's faith in science and reason.
No, you've been offloading responsibility for decades. Always looking for the next scapegoat to blame. Yesterday's winner was social media and today's is the internet.

Last edited:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
The topic was approval ratings. As of today 538 shows Joes approval rating at 42%. So it seems fair to say that Joe's 62% achievement didn't age well. Despite his exemplary performance in uniting the world against a hateful asshole that everyone agrees needs to die, it's not going all that well for him.
Have Biden's rating ever fallen below Trump for the same time period? There's ratings for you.

BTW - Title of thread still holds true.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

The biggest problem with this forum

There is a group tribal towards facts.
There is a group tribal towards bullshit propaganda. That same kind of propaganda that has put the majority of the Russian population in their current mindset.

Opinions are fine with the same set of facts.

Mar 11, 2004
No, you've been offloading responsibility for decades. Always looking for the next scapegoat to blame. Yesterday's winner was social media and today's is the internet.

What's even more hilarious is he's apparently completely oblivious to his own behavior. Look at his post history, its chock full of him defending right wingers posting abhorrent stuff on social media.

In fact, I think the reason he thinks social media is to blame is because he genuinely believes that conservatives have been unfairly censored on there. While he ignores the reason they were getting banned, whilst now demonizing social media in general for supposedly supporting that. Like what the fuck.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
The biggest problem with this forum

There is a group tribal towards facts.
There is a group tribal towards bullshit propaganda. That same kind of propaganda that has put the majority of the Russian population in their current mindset.

Opinions are fine with the same set of facts.
I can't respond to this without it being insulting, so I'll just say that I vehemently disagree with you.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
These psychos are still so twisted up about Obama that they are digging for dirt 5 years after he left office:

Digging for DNA and other things related to theories he was not a US citizen. Digging about a pizza parlor basement that doesn't exist. Looking for mentions of Epstein. On and on, a smorgasbord of quack theories. This is what conservatives have done. This is their legacy.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
All your CRT thread confirms is that you're a fucking liar. As for examples, many provided and all were lied about.
You can still prove my wrong. Post a course or curriculum in ANY public school teaching CRT. That information is public so you should be able to find it easily.

I don't mean someone else's interpretation of CRT, I mean the course. You taking the word of Fox News is not proof. Example: History that make white kids feel bad is not CRT.