BG2 ToB disc errors .. options?

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Running through BG1/2 again, installed BG1+TotSC, installed BG2, installing ToB now, get to 89%, bam, CRC error on 25Movies.bif. Anyone got a solution? The disc isn't noticeably scratched, I've only pulled it out of its jacket maybe 4 times since I bought it new. I'm pretty bummed. Maybe this is a reason to buy that BG/NWN/IWD pack? But I already own all of BG and NWN :(

Maybe I can manually install everything but the movies file?

I've copied the CD5 folder (minus 25Movies.bif obviously) to my BG2 dir, now I'm just wondering what to do with the ToB/extras and ToB/BG2Info folders.

Giving http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/bg2trouble.php#crc a shot

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Its only semi legal, but if all else fails, I'd DL an ISO for ToB and use that. You own a legal copy, kinda puts this situation into a gray area.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
hmmmm that's a weird error. i'd still give the disc a nice cleaning even though there are no noticeable visible defects

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Copy the entire contents of the disc onto another computer. If that works copy everything over to your computer from the network. Install.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Getting a CRC error on 3 different machines. :( I still haven't noticed any scratches or defects on the disc, I'm going to try to clean it again and see what happens. I looked for an ISO to DL, couldn't find one. Bummer. Really wanted to do a complete play-through.

Just found an ISO to DL, I feel dirty tho. Guess I'll have to stick a burned copy next to my legit copy for comfort's sake. :(

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Originally posted by: TheVrolok
Getting a CRC error on 3 different machines. :( I still haven't noticed any scratches or defects on the disc, I'm going to try to clean it again and see what happens. I looked for an ISO to DL, couldn't find one. Bummer. Really wanted to do a complete play-through.

Just found an ISO to DL, I feel dirty tho. Guess I'll have to stick a burned copy next to my legit copy for comfort's sake. :(

I actually attained ISOs for BG1, 2, and PST. I noticed my disks were getting scratched up from age and use and I didn't want to lose them. Nothing dirty about it.

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
I had a similar error,was caused by not patching BG2 before installing exp pack.

So try updating BG2 first.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Mem
I had an a similar error,was caused by not patching BG2 before installing exp pack.

So try updating BG2 first.

Hmm. Never tried patching prior to installing ToB. Already DL'd the ISO and installed fine tho. Food for future thought.