BFG wants to send me a card - inferior to mine

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

andrei3333

Jan 31, 2008
umm from the email it sounded like they want to send me a card, and i said why would i want it, i just want the money , i dont need an inferior card to what i have now, stop nitpicking through words - and what does canada have to do with the way you CANNOT understand my post ? what - you speak only "american" and not "canadian" ?!?!?!

shingletingle

Jun 30, 2007
Originally posted by: andrei3333
umm from the email it sounded like they want to send me a card, and i said why would i want it, i just want the money , i dont need an inferior card to what i have now, stop nitpicking through words - and what does canada have to do with the way you CANNOT understand my post ? what - you speak only "american" and not "canadian" ?!?!?!

Nobody is nitpicking. You are terrible at communicating and it shows with every post. Maybe this is why BFG is having so much trouble getting you your rebate.

Maluno

Mar 28, 2005
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that the email is simply notification that they're processing your rebate, not that they will be sending you a graphics CARD. It seems that they mixed up the rebate, however, as they're processing one for an 8500 instead of an 8800. I'd wait until they send you a check before complaining, because you might end up getting the same amount of money anyway.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
omg, you guys can figure out hardware and all that but cant figure out my post ?

well i cant put everything in the title and make it too long can i ?
I can't decide whether this is just a troll thread, or you are simply incapable of coherency.

Quiksilver

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2005

Maybe if your English was a bit better and you understood more of it(It's pretty obvious your from one of the French provinces or Cities in Canada). You would be able to understand that they aren't going to send you ANY "Card". They are sending you a rebate check but for the wrong card. I don't know if you made the mistake when you filled out the submission form or if they entered it into their computers wrong. However, what I do know is that this:

"The BFG Technologies- Canadian Quote Rebate Center recently received your submission for the following promotion:
Department: 106362 - BFG GEFORCE 8500 GT..."

Should read as:

"The BFG Technologies- Canadian Quote Rebate Center recently received your submission for the following promotion:
Department: 106362 - BFG GEFORCE 8800GTS 512..."

andrei3333

Jan 31, 2008
listen buddy, dont assume anything cause you dont know where i'm from , thats not a nice thing to do for you - and what does canada or its french cities have to do with my rebate and english, i understand english perfectly, i dont speak french, never been to any french canadian towns, and i sure am not even canadian, so what does all this have to do with me not understanding the meaning of that email from bfg ?

oh and did i ever say i sent in the wrong information to bfg ? i said i moved, so if you had bothered to read my posts this thread would not be so cluttered up by people
s assumptions and misinformation...

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
omg, you guys can figure out hardware and all that but cant figure out my post ?

well i cant put everything in the title and make it too long can i ?

Mayhap title should read something like:

BFG wants to send me the wrong rebate

With the thread body explaining the rest:

I bought blah blah from BFG, and after them screwing up the rebate on the video card I bought, I just got an email saying they were processing the rebate for an 8500GT instead of the blah blah that I bought. Whine whine complain complain...

PeanutButter

Nov 26, 2007
listen buddy, dont assume anything cause you dont know where i'm from , thats not a nice thing to do for you - and what does canada or its french cities have to do with my rebate and english, i understand english perfectly, i dont speak french, never been to any french canadian towns, and i sure am not even canadian, so what does all this have to do with me not understanding the meaning of that email from bfg ?

oh and did i ever say i sent in the wrong information to bfg ? i said i moved, so if you had bothered to read my posts this thread would not be so cluttered up by people

You are at fault for this and continue to deny the fact that your original post is crap for what you were trying to get across. You failed to read what BFG was trying to say when it was pretty clear in their email (as well as other AT users) because you seem to be omitting a bunch of words and making assumptions. Quicksilver DID NOT say you made a mistake, you just seem to skip a lot of words it appears. The only thing that you should have thought when reading the BFG email was that you were getting a rebate, even if it's for a different item.

I think most rebates often cover a bunch of other cards and items if the rebate is the same value and just have one rebate form for a lot of items, which is probably what happened here.

This was one heck of a thread.

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
Why would anyone complain about something like this? Who cares what the rebate claims to be for as long as it's the right amount?

Obsoleet

Platinum Member
Oct 2, 2007
This thread needs deleted. This is defaming BFG (a good company that I prefer), for no reason. This guy has issues.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
and misinformation...
Listen buddy, the only misinformation has been coming from your mouth.

Edit: I agree. Thread should be deleted, and OP warned for trolling.

taltamir

Lifer
Mar 21, 2004
1. Guy buys a BFG card and sends in MIR info.
2. Guy moves.
3. Guy calls BFG to tell them he moved and to ship the MIR to the new address.
4. Guy complains to BFG he didn't get it, BFG sends him a new one to his new address but incorrectly lists the model of card he bought on the rebate.
5. Guy comes here and defames BFG by creating a thread and titling it misleadingly (insinuating that he sent in a warranty repair and is getting and inferior card back, only a person who read the thread knows it is about a rebate)

Quiksilver

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2005

Fine, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that your aren't Quebecois or from some other French Canadian Province. However, your spelling and grammar is rather atrocious (not to say I'm perfect but yours is terrible and an eye-sore). Also, if your English is perfect like you claim, why is it you read my post wrong and are suddenly all defensive about it when I was trying to be nice (which is now going away --sames I'm being a douchebag here--).

I'm am pretty sure you are Canadian, unless for some unknown reason BFG Technologies suddenly moved to Canada. or Their rebate center for American customers are in Canada.

The BFG Technologies- Canadian Quote Rebate Center

Lastly, sames you still haven't acknowledged this... enjoy this in all caps, bold, and underlined.

YOU ARE GOING TO NEED TO TALK TO BFG AGAIN BECAUSE THEY ARE TRYING TO SEND YOU A REBATE FOR THE WRONG CARD. THEY ARE SENDING A REBATE CHECK FOR A 8500GT NOT A 8800GTS 512

sonnygdude

Jun 14, 2008
Well, if the 8500GT is flashed with a Canadian BIOS as the post suggests, will the rebate still be applicable? And how did the 8800GT know where he moved to?

I wanted to get in on this too

Navid

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2004
Originally posted by: sonnygdude
Well, if the 8500GT is flashed with a Canadian BIOS as the post suggests, will the rebate still be applicable? And how did the 8800GT know where he moved to?

I wanted to get in on this too

I was laughing reading this thread until I got to your post.
You Sir must be banned for giving me stomach pain and causing me to almost choke to death.

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: nitromullet
Perhaps BFG can replace this thread with one that makes more sense...

I'll try...

I'm sorry, I'm all out of stock on thread replacements. Would you be willing to accept a substitute of a shorter thread?

Anyways, regardless of which card the rebate is for (and indeed the comment about one rebate covering multiple SKUs is valid) the big question is... are you getting the proper amount? If not, you'll need to contact the rebate processing company to get it straightened out.

andrei3333

Jan 31, 2008
ok you guys just keep dipping your hands in the cookie jar a little too often

i bought a bfg card, they did not send the rebate to me for a lot time - i call and they said they sent it

they say they will send me another one during which time i moved, i called and told them the new address

they said they sent it to the new address but i never got anything,,, so this has been going on since like february ... we are now in september ... anyways recently i called again and they said they will send it again... and i get this email - which no longer matters since so many people have OFFERED their help in deciphering it ....

oh and btw my posts were written in proper english and there is no need to accuse me of being a french canadian and implying that french canadians do not know how to type in english ... im not canadian - once again i am telling you not to assume ... just because someone resides in a certain country does not make them a citizen of it...

you guys are being too picky, couldnt you just be cool about it and tell me what you thought ? no - some of you had to call me a troll, a french canadian ( like thats a crime ) , what else - oh and i was told i dont know how to speak english ................. so much for a friendly forum where anyone can post a question........tells me a lot about the maturity level of this crowd ...thanks guys !!!

Quiksilver

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2005
Dropping the non-sense about poor English and Countries,

What more is to tell you about the email they sent you?

They aren't sending you a 8500GT in place of a rebate form you filled out.
The email is just a confirmation email for the rebate submission form either you or an employee for BFG(eg. a CSR) filled out for you.
The conformation email for the rebate is for the wrong card and not for the one you have.

I don't know how long rebates will take for BFG, but I know some companies like Asus rebates can take 6 to 8 month's.

Also, you can change the thread title any time now... (edit your OP thread to do it, if you don't know how).

taltamir

Lifer
Mar 21, 2004
why are you so insulted? he did not ACCUSE you, he SUGGESTED you MIGHT be based on evidence (you named yourself andrei, and your email is from BFG canada). all evidence suggests that:
1. You are from canada
2. you are french because your english is not very good (And canadians are known to speak either english OR french, so it is a logical assumption).

It is not an INSULT however, and if it is wrong, well, you corrected him. So now we KNOW you are NOT french canadian... ok...

Anyways, are they sending you the right amount of MONEY!?

May 30, 2007
it is bad, and no my card is running perfectly, i did not call for a replacement, nevermind, forget i posted this

Omfg, rebates are a joke anyways. If your card works then be happy. You got a BFG card and their warranty is outstanding. Personally I never waste my time sending in rebate forms for the very reason here. I buy a card that has instant rebates or is jut on sale or I spend the few extra dollars and have the peace of mind that I'm not gonna be losing minutes off of my life stressing out about a fn rebate.

Oh, you're on your 3rd time dealing with them for a rebate?

Definition of insanity :
Repeatedly doing the same thing the same way and expecting a different outcome.

Example:
I KEEP CUTTING THE STRING AND ITs STILL TOO SHORT !!!!

Eventually you need to do the world a favour and keep your insanity to yourself, otherwise we'll use it as a weapon to make ourselves feel better at your expense :)

. . . . . . at least I'm honest -.- Now where did I put those :cookie:'s