jonnyGURU

Moderator <BR> Power Supplies
Oct 30, 1999
BFG is "reputable" and have a number of good quality PSU's and a great warranty and customer service.

However... that particular unit is from their low end "GS" line, as opposed to "LS", "MX" or "ES". It's rated at peak and 25°C.

I work at BFG and can say that despite this, the failure rate on that unit is pretty darn low. But I think a better question to ask would be: "what does your friend plan to power with it?" Whether or not it will work for him will depend on whether or not a PSU that's really only about 450W continuous will actually power his system.

thescreensavers

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2005
Originally posted by: jonnyGURU
BFG is "reputable" and have a number of good quality PSU's and a great warranty and customer service.

However... that particular unit is from their low end "GS" line, as opposed to "LS", "MX" or "ES". It's rated at peak and 25°C.

I work at BFG and can say that despite this, the failure rate on that unit is pretty darn low. But I think a better question to ask would be, what does your friend plan to power with it? Whether or not it will work for him will depend on whether or not a PSU that's really only about 450W continuous will actually power his system.

Very nice to know people from company's are on this forum, Thanks for your input.

jonnyGURU

Moderator <BR> Power Supplies
Oct 30, 1999
Originally posted by: thescreensavers

Very nice to know people from company's are on this forum, Thanks for your input.

Thanks. But keep in mind that I've been here since 1999 and I'm PSU forum mod. I've only worked at BFG since 2007. Therefore, I am not here working as a representative of BFG. That said, if someone needs a representative at BFG, I can certainly steer them in the right direction. ;)