bfg physics accelerator

letdown427

Golden Member
Jan 3, 2006
As has been said, welcome to last month (last quarter even :p)

Originally posted by: lyssword
Originally posted by: dug777
?

have you been hiding under a rock for the last six months? ;)

Yes :p

Probably had one of those interfering 'girlfriend' things ;)

Nextman916

Golden Member
Aug 2, 2005
Originally posted by: lyssword
Originally posted by: dug777
?

have you been hiding under a rock for the last six months? ;)

Yes :p

You know you really shouldnt be hiding under a rock, the posture is very bad for your back, also breathing in the fungus that grows on the rock could make you sick. I would suggest the cave over the rock, just make sure theres nothing in it.

biggestmuff

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2001
wtf? I was under a rock as well, not the same one, mind you!

How does this thing work? How is this card able to manipulate objects in games? Wouldn't a whole new version of the game have to be made? How would this work in multiplayer if your player is able to manipulate the environment and see things differently than your opponent?

VERTIGGO

Apr 29, 2005
yes the games have to be made for it. and i think the extra objects are mostly for looks.

Budarow

Golden Member
Dec 16, 2001
All I can say is...you'd have to REALLY be a hardcore gaming performance NUT to shell (heh) out ~$300 for a physics card which has little benefit (if any at all) at the moment.

Gooberlx2

Lifer
May 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Budarow
All I can say is...you'd have to REALLY be a hardcore gaming performance NUT to shell (heh) out ~$300 for a physics card which has little benefit (if any at all) at the moment.

The majority of user reports I've seen is that while the extra objects look cool...the extra load on the GPU hurts your FPS.

I'll pass on the extra $300 piece of hardware. Besides, how many games are really going to support this over the long haul? And won't CPUs and all the extra cores become powerful enough to handle the extra object load anyway?

Budarow

Golden Member
Dec 16, 2001
Originally posted by: Gooberlx2
Originally posted by: Budarow

The majority of user reports I've seen is that while the extra objects look cool...the extra load on the GPU hurts your FPS.

I'll pass on the extra $300 piece of hardware. Besides, how many games are really going to support this over the long haul? And won't CPUs and all the extra cores become powerful enough to handle the extra object load anyway?

Exactly;)

framerateuk

Apr 16, 2002
At the moment it mostly looks to be extra eye candy, but i do think the card has got potential to really change the way we interact with objects in games.... its just a matter of how long it takes for those big changes to really happen.