BFG 7600GT OC 256MB Pci-e | $78.99 after $65.00 MIR

markrb38

Nov 19, 2004
Just canceled my Gigabyte silent pipe 7600gt for this card.
For the $70 I can buy a nice quiet after market heat sink and save a bunch.
With this and the $51 after shipping MSI Neo 4 board in another post I am upgrading my HTPC for less then $150 to PCI-e 7600GT, from an AGP 6600GT.

Thanks OP

Mark

Bill Kunert

Oct 9, 1999
Had mine for a couple of weeks. Running happily at 700/1650(stock 560/1450) with a Zalman VF700 copper. Only had a $30 rebate when I got mine. Very happy with card.

Luthien

Golden Member
Feb 1, 2004
BFG is good quality I believe. Can't beat a lifetime warranty either. Support is definately superior.

BIGFOOTPI

Golden Member
Mar 8, 2005
Originally posted by: Luthien
BFG is good quality I believe. Can't beat a lifetime warranty either. Support is definately superior.

Let just say I have personally encountered many faulty and finicky BFG cards over the years and recently I got two brand new 7950GTs- one had flakey RAM, the other a flakey GPU. I had to manually DOWNCLOCK THE CARDS flakey hardware with Coolbits to get them stable. Fortunately the other parts of the card were overclockable to make up the difference. I don't expect them to last long since they were not up to spec from the factory. If it wasn't for their "no hassle" Lifetime RMA I would never buy their cards.
And yeah- pretty sure the rebate was to Dec31st- so deal dead.

Luthien

Golden Member
Feb 1, 2004
did you rma them for new ones bigfootpi? I will admit that one of my BFG cards failed and I had to get it replaced but they paid for it so, it wasn't anything horrible. No problems since then like 2 years now.

I will definately be buying a 1950GT when the price drops to something under $150 on sale. I bet you will be able to buy it that cheap in the next 3 months max of 6 months.

BIGFOOTPI

Golden Member
Mar 8, 2005
I never said their service was horrible. I said it was "good" and "no hassle".
Their cards are not so good. I had a ti4200 go bad. Their GOOD SERVICE got me a fx5900xt. Their poor cards got me a 5900xt card that started artifacting and crashing after 2 months. Their GOOD service got me another fx5900XT which stayed working.
Had another bad ti4200. Got a replacement which was bad after a few months. Got replacement that artifacted just running starfield screensaver on arival. They did a prepaid ship since they sent me a defective RMA replacement and ti4600 upgrade in replacement for that one. which still ok today.
To summarize- crapshoot cards- good service- Like I stated several posts above.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Originally posted by: BIGFOOTPI
I never said their service was horrible. I said it was "good" and "no hassle".
Their cards are not so good. I had a ti4200 go bad. Their GOOD SERVICE got me a fx5900xt. Their poor cards got me a 5800xt card that started artifacting and crashing after 2 months. Their GOOD service got me another fx5900XT which stayed working.
Had another bad ti4200. Got a replacement which was bad after a few months. Got replacement that artifacted just running starfield screensaver on arival. They did a prepaid ship since they sent me a defective RMA replacement and ti4600 upgrade in replacement for that one. which still ok today.
To summarize- crapshoot cards- good service- Like I stated several posts above.

I'd say you have a knack for killing video cards and it didn't really matter who made it (which btw, is a silly idea these days anyway as they're almost all nVidia reference cards except a few from Biostar, Asus and sometimes MSI) and most often even made in the same factory as other brands.

I have one of these and there is nothing lower quality about it. Fan is a bit annoying in 3D mode for such a low(er) powered card though, I took an old Tualatin Celeron 'sink and cut it down shorter, undervolted the fan till it became inaudible. Stays cool enough even voltmodded. Great deal.

Amart

Jan 17, 2007
Having trouble recieving this rebate weeks after...

RebateStatus.com:
Promotion: BFG 7600GT 256MB PCI-E $65 MIR

Status We are currently unable to approve your rebate for the reason listed below.

The receipt you submitted was dated after the qualifying period for this promotion.

The rebate was offered on purchases made "between 12/18/06 and 12/31/06". My purchase was made and processed early morning on 12/31/06. There rebate was still listed on newegg.com (till next day) and there was nothing on the Rebate Form to suggest it won't be honored.

How can they claim my purchase was not made during the qualifying period?! Its clearly 'during' not 'after'.

To add more insult, they also misspelled my lastname - which was written on the Rebate Form in clean capital letters.

Any advice on how to handle this is welcome...

f4phantom2500

Platinum Member
Dec 3, 2006
Amart:

Technically, between 12/18 and 12/31 would be 12/19 to 12/30 inclusive. If they wanted to be a$$holes about it they could just go with that.

Amart

Jan 17, 2007
Originally posted by: f4phantom2500
Amart:

Technically, between 12/18 and 12/31 would be 12/19 to 12/30 inclusive. If they wanted to be a$$holes about it they could just go with that.

Where is that technicality defined? Not in the fineprint. Seems to me like they are indeed trying to twist the information they provided the way it suits them better - but that doesn't make their actions legal.

01/01 is after 12/31. 12/31 is not after 12/31...

Anyway, that's all irrelevant atm. I am interested primarily in help identifying the options for action if they continue to refuse, and other people's experience handling such problems.

pete6996

Oct 17, 2002
I have gotten the exact same rejection notice in the past knowing full well that I was in compliance with their terms. As soon as I call them, they immediately backpedal and say something to the effect of 'I'm not sure why it would have been rejected, it's now marked as approved and you can expect your rebate in the next 6-8 weeks'. So like 1111111 said, call them, it has worked every time for me, they are just trying to get out of paying some by confusing people.

SantaAna

Feb 11, 2007
Thank you Amart. I need to hear that, cause I hate getting burned on rebates, and was gonna go for this.

Originally posted by: Amart

RebateStatus.com:

Status We are currently unable to approve your rebate for the reason listed below.

The receipt you submitted was dated after the qualifying period for this promotion.

The rebate was offered on purchases made "between 12/18/06 and 12/31/06". My purchase was made and processed early morning on 12/31/06. There rebate was still listed on newegg.com (till next day) and there was nothing on the Rebate Form to suggest it won't be honored.

How can they claim my purchase was not made during the qualifying period?! Its clearly 'during' not 'after'.

To add more insult, they also misspelled my lastname - which was written on the Rebate Form in clean capital letters.

Amart

Jan 17, 2007
Originally posted by: pete6996
I have gotten the exact same rejection notice in the past knowing full well that I was in compliance with their terms. As soon as I call them, they immediately backpedal and say something to the effect of 'I'm not sure why it would have been rejected, it's now marked as approved and you can expect your rebate in the next 6-8 weeks'. So like 1111111 said, call them, it has worked every time for me, they are just trying to get out of paying some by confusing people.

Thank you pete6996 and 1111111.

The person I talked to said the problem was corrected and I would recieve my rebate in 6-8 weeks. The status on the website will be updated in 72 hours as confirmation.

Fingers crossed.

P.S. To access the customer rep - called the number, selected rebate "over 8 weeks" (because under 8 weeks = exit), fumbled data entry - then the option to talk to rep appeared. The customer rep was very professional though the volume was very low - we ended up saying everything twice.

Conroe

Mar 12, 2006
I recieved a tiger direct rebate and still waiting on this one in Dec. BFG rebates are loosers. Newegg is looking bad.

PatrickBateman

Oct 14, 2004
I just got the exact same thing for a $30 MIR from BFG. Last name mispelled and the reciept I submitted was dated prior to qualifying...blah blah

*UPDATE* (yeah I was fast)
Just called that 1-877 number. First we corrected my last name, which was waaaay off (not sure how that managed to screw it up that bad) then they said I had ordered it on the 2nd of January. Told them I have the receipt in front of me that says it was ordered on the 5th. One more minute on hold and all was corrected.

thank amart, 111111111, and pete6996

gotta love the internet, peace

Originally posted by: Amart

RebateStatus.com:

skiz6151

Jan 6, 2007
Well good for you. I'm still waiting on this elusive rebate.....6-8 weeks my a$$. System says sent in Jan 9 2007. Rebate sent out March 1, 2007 and I should wait 30 days for it to arrive......man BFG is really pissing me off with this rebate.