Magic Carpet

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2011
Played a bit of BF3 last night on Ultra settings, graphically.. it has me impressed in a few places. However, is there anything else that's on-par or better than BF3 in that regard?

I haven't played much in the last few years. Feel kinda left out.

Mafia 2 was really nice, though.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Not sure what you are asking? Are you talking about graphics? Games with similar or better graphics or better gameplay?

Magic Carpet

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2011
Sorry, I didn't make it clear with my original post.

The graphics, yeah... I have used to seeing such crap (thanks to the consoles) I have forgotten how PC games really should be looking like (thanks to BF3) when coded properly.

Is it one of a kind?

QuantumPion

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
BF3 is one of the best looking games out right now. The only ones that can compare is Crysis/Warhead/Crysis 2. Also I hear The Witcher 2 is very good looking.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Original crysis i can't really tell you enough how the landscape on high settings takes your breathe away.

I could see why crysis is still one of the most demanding games 4 years later .

AFurryReptile

Golden Member
Nov 5, 2006
BF3 is a really pretty game, but I'd reckon that the Witcher 2 is (much) prettier.

Skyrim's also nice, as well as Metro 2033, GTA4 with mods (although it runs like crap on most computers), and STALKER.

Madia

May 2, 2006
The Witcher 2 probably has the best graphics to date. It's also a great game.

Smartazz

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
I'd also add Dragon Age 2 to that list. Not quite like the Witcher 2, but it still looks great regardless. Check out some of the mods for Crysis, some of them are astonishing.

schneiderguy

Lifer
Jun 26, 2006
IMO the original Crysis beats out BF3. Especially since MSAA actually works.

Metro 2033 looks nice also.

AKShockwave

Oct 4, 2011
BF3 is a really pretty game, but I'd reckon that the Witcher 2 is (much) prettier.

Skyrim'salso nice, as well as Metro 2033, GTA4 with mods (although it runs like crap on most computers), and STALKER.

I heard the guy that made that photo-realistic GTA4 mod is doing the same with Skyrim. So once he does that, Skyrim is going to be even more beautiful than it already is.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Metro 2033 and The Witcher 2 are both correct answers. Crysis is a little dated, but it's still a very good-looking game.

Magic Carpet

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2011
Thanks guys, I appreciate all your responses. I'll check the mentioned games as soon as.

Any decent flight sims out there? I have enjoyed the F-18 part in BF3 campaign.

Smartazz

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
While Dirt 2, 3 and F1 2010/2011 are racing games, they also have really good graphics.

schneiderguy

Lifer
Jun 26, 2006
Thanks guys, I appreciate all your responses. I'll check the mentioned games as soon as.

Any decent flight sims out there? I have enjoyed the F-18 part in BF3 campaign.

DCS: A-10 Warthog and DCS: Blackshark are good. There's a new IL2 game also (WW2), but it was rather buggy on release and I'm not sure if they fixed it yet. You can get IL2:1946 (the prequels) on Steam for like $10 and that is an excellent sim, but it's a bit dated in the graphics department if you care about that.

edit: Rise of Flight is good if you like flying around in slow WW1 planes :p It does have nice graphics.

Here's a video of DCS: A10- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwqGsxc-_hQ

videogames101

Diamond Member
Aug 24, 2005
DCS: A-10 Warthog and DCS: Blackshark are good. There's a new IL2 game also (WW2), but it was rather buggy on release and I'm not sure if they fixed it yet. You can get IL2:1946 (the prequels) on Steam for like $10 and that is an excellent sim, but it's a bit dated in the graphics department if you care about that.

edit: Rise of Flight is good if you like flying around in slow WW1 planes :p It does have nice graphics.

Here's a video of DCS: A10- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwqGsxc-_hQ

Wait, someone OTHER than me plays Black Shark?

AGENT_P6

Dec 7, 2011
Bf3-like? ---- ya its pretty sweet

Publisher of bf3-like? FACK NO!!! Which is why I will never purchase this game. Played it once at a buddy's place and that's the breadth and scope of the nod EA gets from this disgruntled consumer

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Bf3-like? ---- ya its pretty sweet

Publisher of bf3-like? FACK NO!!! Which is why I will never purchase this game. Played it once at a buddy's place and that's the breadth and scope of the nod EA gets from this disgruntled consumer
WTF o_O

Speak fruent engrish?

AGENT_P6

Dec 7, 2011
WTF o_O

Speak fruent engrish?

Lolwut? "bf3-like" is the title of the thread if that's what youre referring to. Other than that the only grammatical error was "fack" which was spelled that way to not actually swear on the forum.

I was saying the game is good but the publishers are crooks...if you didn't know about EA's horrible customer support and relations I'm sure you will find plenty of examples on google.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Lolwut? "bf3-like" is the title of the thread if that's what youre referring to. Other than that the only grammatical error was "fack" which was spelled that way to not actually swear on the forum.

I was saying the game is good but the publishers are crooks...if you didn't know about EA's horrible customer support and relations I'm sure you will find plenty of examples on google.

I know, for some reason I couldnt read/comprehend your post. Man, meth is a helluva drug! The funny thing is I read it a couple of times before I made my post. Now, a couple of hours later I find its correct. Man, I need to take lunch breaks more often! :)

Zubinen

Nov 10, 2011
Crysis 2, Metro 2033, RAGE, Red Faction 4: Armageddon, Batman: Arkham City, The Witcher 2 all have vastly superior visuals to BF3, especially considering what the game looks like without the lighting(geometry detail is terribly low for example and the image quality while in motion is bad). Serious Sam 3: BFE, Anno 2070, Alien vs Predator(2010), Lost Planet 2, and quite a few other games are about the same as BF3 visually.