BF2142 to get the BF2 treatment...

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
Great news! When BF2 came to Steam I rebought it just so I wouldn't have to ever reinstall it, or deal with DRM. Will do the same for 2142.

Not sure why anyone would argue about BF2 being superior or whatever. If you're in the mood for a scifi FPS, you play BF2142, not BF2, and not BF1942.

minmaster

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2006
i'm still playing 2142, i hope the new patch and free content means a boost in # of servers as there are not many with decent ping anymore.

GullyFoyle

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2000
The file is available for download now.

More info: forums.electronicarts.co.uk

Battlefield 2142 v1.51 is available for public beta from Friday 17th September at 10am UK/11am Europe/2am West Coast and run all weekend. Not only does the update contain numerous client and server side fixes including enhanced account security, it also includes Northern Strike FREE for all Battlefield 2142 players as well as 4 brand new maps.

• Operation Blue Pearl – Supply Lines by Björn Sundell and Jason Brice
  • Strike at Karkand 2142 – Conquest by Jason Brice
  • Molokai – Titan by Jason Brice
  • Yellow Knife – Supply Lines by Jason Brice
The client will be available to download from www.Fileplay.net and all players should install v1.50 BEFORE trying to install v1.51.

The purpose of this Beta is to test server stability and let you see the new content. If the servers hold up to the stress test this version will become the release version that everyone will have. We'll try to reduce the need to do a reinstall should that change.

Thanks to everyone at Combat Testing for their help getting v1.51 to a Public Beta state.

First signs of the file will be at Fileplay as mentioned above and when activated tomorrow morning, will be available here.

Bookmark it, keep it, get ready to download it.

More installation details

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
I've played BF vietnam and BF2142. Both games weren't as fun for me since I didn't know anyone that played. The different modes in 2142 was good. When teamwork some how appears in public servers, it's nice. Other times when you're stalled, you wish you could get these guys to work together.

GullyFoyle

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2000
Played some of the beta over the weekend. Karkand map is faithful to the original, and uniquely BF2142. The only complaint I had was the whole "black and white" thing.
The new Titan map, Molokai, is awesome! Probably the best of the new maps.
The 2142 version of Operation Blue Pearl felt oversized and empty.
The assault lines map Yellow Knife also felt a bit spartan. Could have used a few more "details".

After playing tons of BFBC2, I don't know if I can go back to only being able to sprint 15 feet at at time, when the maps are twice the size!

spaceboy909

Sep 1, 2010
Played some of the beta over the weekend. Karkand map is faithful to the original, and uniquely BF2142. The only complaint I had was the whole "black and white" thing.
The new Titan map, Molokai, is awesome! Probably the best of the new maps.
Molokai seems like it will be a love/hate kind of map. It's tiny for a Titan map, and for some that adds extra chaotic fun, but for others, it's a disappointment. I'm sure I'll manage to have lots of fun on it, but it would have also been nice to have another large Titan map.

At least with this new patch and subsequent Steam release, all of the old maps will get played, including Highway Tampa, which is a great Titan and Conquest map.

The 2142 version of Operation Blue Pearl felt oversized and empty.
The assault lines map Yellow Knife also felt a bit spartan. Could have used a few more "details".
There's so few players willing to give the new patch a try right now that it does feel a little vacant, but that will change very soon. I personally prefer 64p servers, and we're about to see a ton of them filled to the rim! :D

GullyFoyle

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2000
Finally!

Battlefield 2142 update brings Northern Strike Boster Pack and fan-made maps!

# BY: H Brun
# POSTED : Feb 15, 2011, 12:00

The Battlefield 2142 Northern Strike booster pack maps and content are now FREE to play for everyone! The v1.51 update for Battlefield 2142 is now ready for you to download from any of the links below.

Fixes in v1.51:
Added extra account security fixes
Added fix for nVidia drivers to solve tinitus visual effect
Hit detection bug fix: Changed so that latency compensation history takes correct stored positions from buffer
Updated as_titan_wake.tweak to allow for two attack choppers instead of the one previously allowed

New Features in v1.51:
Added Operation Blue Pearl by Bjorn Sundell with special thanks to Jason Brice for lightmaps and finishing
Added Yellow Knife, Molokai and Strike at Karkand 2142 maps made by Jason Brice
Added support for the Novint Falcon controller

Download Links:

EA

Australia

France

Germany

Germany 2

UK

USA

USA 2

USA 3

USA 4

Last edited:

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004

I guess I need to install 2142. I played it but not as much as 2, probably only 50hrs.

You need to install 1.40 then install 1.50 then install 1.51 as just installing 1.51 by itself will not work. Damn having Steam for so long has made me forget how much of a pain it is to install patches.

WTF no widescreen support??? You still have to add +widescreen 1 to your shortcut to get widescreen support. Retarded after all this time.

Last edited:

fatpat268

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2006
I guess I need to install 2142. I played it but not as much as 2, probably only 50hrs.

According to various stat sites, I guess I ended up playing more 2142 than I did with 2.

I might just reinstall as well and see how fast I get my ass handed to me. :ninja:

minmaster

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2006
i still love 2142. put 2000hrs into it lol

Minmaster_player_9874.png

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Wow there's not that many servers at all. I figured since the update came out today there would be a ton like it was with BF2 but the best server to me had over 150 ping.

minmaster

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2006
yea i'd give it a week or so for all the servers to be patched up.
i don't think they're gonna force it just yet.
most of the big 64 man servers are probably still on 1.50.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
yea i'd give it a week or so for all the servers to be patched up.
i don't think they're gonna force it just yet.
most of the big 64 man servers are probably still on 1.50.

Ahh that's why. I guess I'll wait then and play some Just Cause 2.

Shaneblan

Oct 2, 2012
Triplex_ownage_player_63504.png
[/url][/IMG]
HTML:

i really loved this game.Was the first FPS i ever played and i learned basics to make me extreamly good. and with a kdr of .93 .. i can say i start on the bottem for a the longest time to i was killing 40 to 100 people with low deaths then was upset when i had huge computer death. Anyways... is it up again? or should i stay disappointed...

NOt bad.... servers shows all the severs in the bf2142 network :D

low knife deaths :p but high amounts of knifes~! love the freakin knife! most kills with any weapon i used :p i drop what im doing to knife someone !! brag rights on ranking!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.