BF2142 problems

Ctrackstar126

Jul 14, 2005
I understand there are tons of problems with 2142 and I know EA sucks and all this so I hope to just get answers and not people telling me to use search and to not buy the game :)

These connection problems are different they actually crash my internet all together. I load up 2142 everythings fine I always have to try to connect to a server 2-3 times before i actually go in. Now the weird part is I cant use firefox or if I log out of xfire I cant login during and about 5-10 minutes everything just doesnt load or i have to wait a long time.

Ping isnt as much an issue cause when im in a server im at about 30-60. I have my ports forwarded and I have a linkys wrt54g v2.2 with wrt and I even tried to see if my d-link router would work no go(and yes I went naked wihout a router.

I also play bf2 competitively(forced by clan) and I play other online games with absolutely no problem. System specs below:

AMD 3800x2 OC to 2.5(i know the oc is bad for 2142)
2gb ocz gold
evga 7900gtx with latest drivers
evga sli mb 939 latest drivers and firmware

I use AVG but I disable it during gameplay. I figure someone might have had a similar problem. Its different from the normal problems you get from the bf series. Id need something to play until COD4 comes out though :)

Also thanks ahead of time and sorry for the long post.

jjzelinski

Diamond Member
Aug 23, 2004
If I had to guess I'd say EA Installer is having issues with reconciling your profile. Meaning, see if the program is being blacklisted by your antivirus software or operating system since BF2142 requires it for authentication.

Ctrackstar126

Jul 14, 2005
I shut down my anti during gameplay. I know how sensitive the BF series. Ill check on the EA installer I didnt think about that.