lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
How do the 4 different modules releate to each other when playing. There is the basic pack, the SF pack, and 2 booster packs. Don't see any FAQs on the main sites that explain it :(

JAG87

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
they are just mods, you join servers running those mods and play.

Gusty987

Golden Member
Mar 24, 2004
I thought if you own one of the mods, SF for example, you can use weapons from SF on regular BF2 servers?

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Gusty987
I thought if you own one of the mods, SF for example, you can use weapons from SF on regular BF2 servers?

yes. but you can't use stuff like the grappling hook or the zip line, which sucks.

JAG87

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
Originally posted by: Gusty987

no, it just gives you option to unlock some of the locked weapons, which you would do anyways by gaining rank. You do not get any special weapons it would be unfair to the people who don't own SF for example.

Fraggable

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2005
Originally posted by: JAG87
no, it just gives you option to unlock some of the locked weapons, which you would do anyways by gaining rank. You do not get any special weapons it would be unfair to the people who don't own SF for example.

Not true. If you don't have SF then you only get 1 unlock per rank and you can't get to some of the weapons, like the SCAR-L and F2000. However, to get those unlocks, all you have to do is log into someone's system who owns SF and play a round, and you'll get the unlocks.

JAG87

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
Originally posted by: Fraggable
Originally posted by: JAG87

Not true. If you don't have SF then you only get 1 unlock per rank and you can't get to some of the weapons, like the SCAR-L and F2000. However, to get those unlocks, all you have to do is log into someone's system who owns SF and play a round, and you'll get the unlocks.

That's correct, my bad. I overlooked that fact that I have the deluxe edition :eek:

chrislintel

Jul 18, 2007
IMO the weapons from the "special" editions are not very good at all. The smoke grenade was nice though.

DannyLove

Lifer
Oct 17, 2000
Originally posted by: chrislintel
IMO the weapons from the "special" editions are not very good at all. The smoke grenade was nice though.

heh, wrong there too. You probably dont use them correctly :p