Beyond A Steel Sky: Anybody play it yet?

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Funny you mention it I was just checking it out on steam this past weekend. I recently got into games like uplink and Hacknet, and steam recommended this game to me.

From my understanding it's a point and click adventure?

It's funny because it's free on GOG but they do charge for it on steam last time I saw.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
Beneath was a game i loved, more for the art than for the gameplay (because many puzzles needed to be timed, and you wouldn't know if you were failing because you were slow, or failing because the solution was wrong), but i would not really subject myself to hours of madness unless i had 2/3 friends with whom to hotseat the game - assuming Bayond is *anything* like Beneath.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
yea Beneath, even emulated, was a game I adored as well. it's style (sort of like Blade Runner meets Star Wars) was a concept that blew my mind back in the day

absolutely planning to check it out

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
I'll definitely have to check this out. I played the original back in the day. Good game for its time, although as said earlier the art and setting was better than the actual puzzles and dialogue, even compared to other such games back then.