I've been using a modest first build for a little while and I'm trying to upgrade my CPU. I'd appreciate some guidance on which is the better option between the two Options identified below:
- Motherboard: ASRock H97M-ITX/AC Mini ITX LGA1150
- CPU: Intel Core i3-4370 3.8GHz Dual-Core Processor
- GPU: Sapphire R9 285 OC Edition
- Memory: Crucial 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600
- PSU: Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX
- SSD: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 120GB 2.5"
- HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM
- HDD: Western Digital Green 640 GB 3.5" 7200RPM
- Upgrade CPU to Intel Core i7 4790K (Haswell), which is $269 at Microcenter.
- Upgrade mobo to LGA 1151, e.g., Gigabyte GA-H110N LGA 1151, which is $45.
- Upgrade CPU to Intel Core i5 6500 (Skylake), which is $179.