Better browser for the Bold 2 (9700)? Other questions too.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
I have a Blackberry Bold 2 through my work (it's not tied to my work, but it came through a special deal through work). I don't browse all that often, but when I do it's pretty damn slow and annoying so I'm wondering if there is something I can do to get it moving a bit faster. Can I use a new browser? Or is there an entirely new OS I can use that may speed things up?

Also, does anyone know if this: http://www.invelos.com/dvdpromobile/Info.aspx would work on the Bold 2? I need something to manage my DVDs/Blu-rays owned while I'm on the go so I don't purchase something I already own and this one gets decent reviews.

Sorry, kind of a noob on this stuff; I don't really pay attention to phones much at all. ^_^

Thanks! :D

KT

uli2000

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2006
Opera Mini and Bolt are better browser choices, but the 9700 should get the Blackberry OS6 update eventually (there have already been videos of it running it) which will introduce Blackberry's new webkit based browser.

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Opera Mini and Bolt are better browser choices, but the 9700 should get the Blackberry OS6 update eventually (there have already been videos of it running it) which will introduce Blackberry's new webkit based browser.

Ahh, cool. So will that auto-update or do I need to seek it out? Also, any idea of when it will be coming out?

KT

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Another vote for Opera, that's likely your best bet until you get OS6.

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Just got Opera installed and yeah, it is much, much better. So much faster! Why the hell doesn't RIM just use something like Opera instead of the junk default. :hmm:

KT