Beto: We only have ten years on earth left if we don't address climate change.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
But I didn't say the temperature has dropped since the 70's. I said it has been cooling in recent years.

Your chart stopped in 2010 or 2011, you moron. If you look at Paratus' chart of the same temperature anomaly global temperatures increased significantly in the years following that.

This has been yet another episode of 'SlowSpyder is too stupid to read his own charts'. lol.

Reactions: nickqt

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
But I didn't say the temperature has dropped since the 70's. I said it has been cooling in recent years.

Hitler didn't say these words: "Let's have a Holocaust" and you get off as much as he did. Still no joy in being able to properly rebut? Thought so.

Let me introduce you to something to help you lie better, but be warned I've read this book and so I can point out the tactics.

How to Lie with Statistics.

For the majority here than can read and comprehend but are unfamiliar, this book goes back to the last mid-century, and explains common tricks with humor. I had an original copy but I've lost it over the many years, but Slow's approach is almost certainly in there.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Guys look the earth has been cooling in recent years just look at this chart from 2005.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Your chart stopped in 2010 or 2011, you moron. If you look at Paratus' chart of the same temperature anomaly global temperatures increased significantly in the years following that.

This has been yet another episode of 'SlowSpyder is too stupid to read his own charts'. lol.

We expected no better from him.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Yup, he's no different than Al "Goodbye Icecaps" Gore of 2006. FUD for power.

And yet you cannot do anything to back your position except fatuous attempts at "statistics" and unable to do anything but talk about Gore and FUD in terms of rebuttal. You are fundamentally unable to deal with reality, but instead, promote fiction as truth. That's not working out so well.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Summary, the Climate is changing and you believe mankind is influencing this change correctly?

I think man is influencing it, just hard to say to what extent. Right now the globe is cooling and has been in recent years, though. And again, I don't believe the FUD from the alarmists looking for power and/or money.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
I don't believe

This is a Slow tendency. Reality is not about truth, science or any other quality that exists in reality. For him, it's a matter of belief. To paraphrase "I have not seen such great faith, no, not in all Israel".

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I think man is influencing it, just hard to say to what extent. Right now the globe is cooling and has been in recent years, though. And again, I don't believe the FUD from the alarmists looking for power and/or money.

It's funny that you don't understand which group is the one that is actually motivated by power and money. I mean, it is specifically written into the Industry lobbying for exactly that. Yet, you are so fucking gullible that you believe it to be otherwise.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
So the poster who started a thread yesterday expressing concern that something Trump said may have been "misinterpreted" has started a thread today so that he can intentionally "misinterpret" what Democratic politicians have said.

Fascinating. So what's the ATPN consensus on this? Trolling? or just obliviousness?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
It's funny that you don't understand which group is the one that is actually motivated by power and money. I mean, it is specifically written into the Industry lobbying for exactly that. Yet, you are so fucking gullible that you believe it to be otherwise.
No doubt Slow used to say that the doctors were just being greedy when they were trying to do something about secondhand smoke.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
So the poster who started a thread yesterday expressing concern that something Trump said may have been "misinterpreted" has started a thread today so that he can intentionally "misinterpret" what Democratic politicians have said.

Fascinating. So what's the ATPN consensus on this? Trolling? or just obliviousness?

My perspective is that Slow is attacking politicians to also go after the facts of science at the same time. He's going for a twofer.

Edit- Dammit, proofread before posting.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
My perspective is that Slow is attacking politicians to also go after the facts of science at the same time. He's going for a twofer.

Edit- Dammit, proofread before posting.
So just intense partisanship to the point of blindness? I think I would lump that under the oblivious category.

Cmon ATPN we need to start taking bets on this.

Feb 4, 2009

So we agree and have around a 2/3rds consensus. Why do you continually post about Al Gore predictions who is relatively irrelevant today and that a couple of breeds of Polar Bears are thriving. Why not work together for a solution or even a partial solutions?

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
So just intense partisanship to the point of blindness? I think I would lump that under the oblivious category.

Cmon ATPN we need to start taking bets on this.

I challenged him to a battle of personal scientific knowledge and he ran away. He's the guy who ran around to those who listened to a Hitler speech saying: "He's right you know".

Reactions: Victorian Gray

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Founder of the Weather Channel:

Oh, so a guy with no relevant scientific credentials that has conducted no research on the issue didn't accept global warming. Well that's it guys, I'm convinced.

I love how stupid people with agendas think their local weather man has relevant expertise to discuss global climate.

Reactions: pmv

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

I'm sure he's completely aware of what he's doing. I'm not sure if it's trolling but he's certainly being purposefully dishonest. SlowSpyder does appear to be pretty stupid but that mostly shows itself in his inability to form good arguments or to think through the logical consequences of what he's saying. (ie: if it will undercut a future argument he wants to make)

In this case it's obvious the headlines were misleading to even the dumbest person here and so if he were just oblivious he would have realized that and apologized. The fact that he hasn't shows his hand.

Reactions: Vic

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
So we agree and have around a 2/3rds consensus. Why do you continually post about Al Gore predictions who is relatively irrelevant today and that a couple of breeds of Polar Bears are thriving. Why not work together for a solution or even a partial solutions?
Because "great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, and small minds discuss people."

Slow's thought process is that the idea of climate change must be wrong if the person of Al Gore was wrong when he said something about climate change.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Oh, so a guy with no relevant scientific credentials that has conducted no research on the issue didn't accept global warming. Well that's it guys, I'm convinced.

I love how stupid people with agendas think their local weather man has relevant expertise to discuss global climate.

At this point, my sense of dark humor is kicking in. He's funny in his Little Big Horn, Agincourt, and Changping kind of approaches.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Okay I found something else pretty hilarious about Coleman - he apparently used to credit the 'Oregon Petition' as scientific backup for his insane views. About those 31,000 -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oregon_Petition#Credentials_and_authenticity

Spurious names on the list included fictional characters from the television show M*A*S*H,[25] the movie Star Wars,[24] Spice Girls group member Geri Halliwell, English naturalist Charles Darwin (d. 1882) and prank names such as "I. C. Ewe".[26]