Beto: We only have ten years on earth left if we don't address climate change.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 29, 2006
Murdoch is laughing all the way to the bank thanks to people like the OP. “They just keep falling for it, it’s like they don’t know how to fact check or think for themselves”

Reactions: dank69
May 13, 2009
I don't know the exact timeline but 10 years probably isn't far off. If we continue polluting at this rate combined with population growth and former third world countries starting to enjoy the polluting ways we have enjoyed. I could very well see us spiraling into a runaway greenhouse effect within that timeline. No the world will not end. Maybe a mad max type society by the end of the century. And no that's not an exaggeration. I don't know why the republicans refuse to listen to science.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Guys, the globe has been cooling in recent years... It is yet another climate change prediction of dire consequences, FUD for votes. Al Gore said we only had a short time over a decade ago... In 10 years the left will be telling us we only have 10 years again to save the earth. LOL, fools.

Feb 4, 2009
Guys, the globe has been cooling in recent years... It is yet another climate change prediction of dire consequences, FUD for votes. Al Gore said we only had a short time over a decade ago... In 10 years the left will be telling us we only have 10 years again to save the earth. LOL, fools.

I just don’t know what to say

Reactions: pmv

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004

This isn’t really for Slow since reality isn’t something he interacts with much but if you want to know what the Earths been doing:

Global Surface Air Temperature Record (C):
GlobalAverage_2018.png

Increase of .8C since the late 60’s

Ocean Heat Content (joules)
heat_content2000m.png

Increase of 3.4X10^23 Joules or ~80 million megatons of TNT since the late 60’s

And just for fun Solar Irradiance vs Global Surface Temperatures.
TvsTSI.png

Suns output has held steady or dropped a little while global temperatures continue to increase since the late 60’s

So no, the Earth is heating up 7-20 times faster than anytime in the last million or so years.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

well, another obvious fucking lie.

why do you keep repeating easily-disproven lies? why are you such a useless piece of carbon?

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Master Beto is a moron, spreading fear. Do any of you think the world will end in 10 years?

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000

I would ask you to stop lying but that's pointless.

Cooling in recent years?

Gore was never a scientist. Better informed than you and Trump, but not a scientist and not wholly correct, but on balance not wrong.

You don't even have the intellectual apparatus to participate in a discussion of ascertained facts but you can shout "but Gore".

So my mighty Nimrod, hunt down my posts which go into detail (citing data BTW legitimately obtained) within the last three months to keep things current, then in your own words best me with the science. I throw down the gauntlet. No "Gore", no "leftist" this or that. When I discussed the science that is what I did. That the I likely mentioned the ignorance of others changed none of that as there is no such thing as partisan science being used.

Debate me with the facts of the matter, not selected kooks and begging the question. Good luck, no pray for a miracle.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Ok guys, Slow may be doing some research, maybe not. Any speculation how he might attack? LOL

Reactions: nickqt
Feb 4, 2009
@SlowSpyder my earlier point was about you saying how Gore was wrong on global warming then you cite the Globe has been cooling.
That is the definition of what we’re talking about the climate is changing.
It’s not important that 2 or 3 breeds of Polar Bears are thriving vs the other 14 or 15 breeds of Polar Bears, it’s not important that any person or scientist missed a prediction.
The fact is the climate is changing and much of the change can be traced back to human actions.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
but fair. and honest.

we're supposed to be respected for simply "telling it like it is!" and "saying what we think!" right?

Slow owes me much respect, simply for acting in the way that earns his praise.

Maybe this is the best graphic representation of him?

hqdefault.jpg

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
This is getting bad. Before, it was funny. The self-righteous ignorance plus partisan fervor of slow and his fellow thralls, it's given me many a laugh.

I'm not laughing now, only have pity. Feels like we're all pointing and laughing at someone dealing with more spirochetes than working neurons and synapses. I want to believe it's all an act by a politically anxious water-carrier and troll, but I think the poor guy might really be this damaged. Sad.

Beto is pointing to a real problem that has scientific consensus in agreement over it. Pretty hilarious to have the messenger attacked by those who believe in myths like voter fraud and trickle down, scams like Trump U, or complete partisan horseshit like court approved surveillance being called political spying.

Get better soon Team Treason.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
But I didn't say the temperature has dropped since the 70's. I said it has been cooling in recent years.