Beto O'Rourke: Trump 'is in large part to blame' for El Paso killings

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
0% polling politicians will do 0%'er things to try and get attention. What a desperate cry from a failing campaign. Not quite as bad as Castro's doxxing attempt, but still a loser move by Beto.
As usual you are absurd and stupid.

Reactions: Bitek

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
https://www.democracynow.org/2019/8...ife_arrested_outside_el_paso_immigrant_center

h6-el-paso-trump-supporter-arrested-immigration-center-knife-loaded-gun-thomas-bartram.jpg

isolated incidents
We know Trumptards believe in 2nd amendments remedies. They invested that phrase.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
For those still complaining Castro "retweeted" public information I'll remind you of something.

If same butthurt people are followers of the Constitution I'll remind you of a little court case that occurred during the times of Nixon. It resulted in money donated to politicians is equivalent to speech. That said speech by definition is public.

Complainers are advocating for speech without consequences.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
There are plenty of solutions to gun violence and white supremacy, you just don't want to entertain any of them. Easier to throw up your hands and claim nothing to be done.
Well said!1
If I might add -- they would rather innocent children die instead of implement solutions!!

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
0% polling politicians will do 0%'er things to try and get attention. What a desperate cry from a failing campaign. Not quite as bad as Castro's doxxing attempt, but still a loser move by Beto.
It would be funny and morally right if Beto`s move works and eventually you are forced to give up your Russian issue AK 47.....

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

They'll even resort to speaking the truth. Unless they're Republicans, of course, who are trying to convince us it's video games.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I don't care if a candidate is -1% in the polls as long as they can leech another pint of mayonnaise out of Trump;s veins.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I know it politics time. And an upcoming election.
But Donald Trump can't just dismiss the criticism as politics nor can Trump dismiss it as only from people running for the presidency.
Just because any of these Democrats are running for president does not make truth out of what they are all saying any less truthful. Donald Trump earned the criticism and calling out, regardless of the campaign or the campaigners.
All Donald Trump is trying to do is play make-believe, to be dismissive of truth, and act like he did nothing wrong.
Truth is, even Fox News and everyone else knows the guilt of Donald Trump.
Fox can try to ignore it and change the subject, but everyone knows Donald Trump all too well.
And his love for white supremacy, bigotry, racism.
Everyone knows what Donald Trump is, how he operates, and how he spreads his hate.
No one, not even Fox News can deny what is really going on here with this worst president of all time.
They know. We know.
You can't deny or ignore an elephant if that elephant is sitting on your face....

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
Beto should drop out of the race and keep on this path. Otherwise it's too easy to see this as political ploy, and maybe it even is. He might not get the same press if not in the running, but trying to hang Trump on something he deserves to be hung on is a more worthy goal.

To be clear, I nor Beto are saying Trump is solely responsible for the shooting. But he is responsible for actions provoking the shooting which I fully support all efforts to demand he be held accountable to.
I know people who have worked with beto. They say he is absolutely the real deal.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
I was impressed with Beto's statement, what I saw on TV news. Look, very arguably, that massacre in El Paso would never have happened but for Trump's propaganda campaign against Latinos. Beto coming out with this is brave and very supportable.
I completely agree. Obama was president for 8 years and bush the same and we never saw this sort of thing. Trump becomes president and we see bombs in the mail, mass shooting of immigrants and Jews, and attempts to blow up places where they live. It's not a coincidence. When he was elected I literally told my wife US citizens are going to needlessly die directly because of this and sadly I have not been proven wrong to date.

Last edited:

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
Beto has an opinion piece up at CNN:

When a white terrorist drove more than 600 miles to hunt and kill Hispanic people in my hometown, he followed a path of vile inspiration that reaches from the darkest chapters of our history and runs directly to the White House today.
When President Donald Trump describes Mexican immigrants as "rapists" and "bringing crime," or refers to undocumented immigrants as individuals who "infest our country" -- he speaks not as America's President but as an emissary of hate. And his vilification and fear-mongering connect with those who are open to receiving it. The seeds of terror we saw that August day are transmitted day and night on Fox News, the most watched cable news channel in the country. They are amplified by right-wing websites like Breitbart, and in messages forced onto local news broadcasts by Sinclair Media. They metastasize on Facebook. And they filter up from grotesque online havens for white supremacists who preach intolerance and worship violence.
Right before a terrorist came to our community to kill 22 innocent people, police believe he wrote a manifesto that used the President's language of "invasion." The President used the word "invasion" to describe immigration in over 2,000 ads on Facebook. He also used the words "predator," "invasion," "alien," "killer," "criminal" and "animal" while discussing immigrants at his rallies more than 500 times.

The President is inciting white supremacists into acts of terrorism. The President is a threat to the stability and safety of our nation. The President must be impeached and every day that we let him remain in office is another day of horrific damage to our nation and the security of its people.