Beto for 2020

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
I think what is confusing people here is that it sounds like you are saying that you think that the Democrats did a good job when in power, and you voted for them and will again, but that them being proud of doing a good job pissed you off so bad that you decided to burn the whole country down?

I know I'm having a problem following that logic.

As to what this has to do with a thread about Beto is that we really need to understand where this anger comes from if we are to do better. Seriously we don't understand this. Do you want Democrats to be worse at governing? Do just want them to show false modesty? Do you just enjoy hurting people? What can we do to make people like you happy?

So far all I know is UC disagrees with Trump but is happy with his performance.

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
And as I said before, there’s a lot that I disagree with him on but he’s doing just asnid expected him to. Burning the place down.
Burning it down and replacing it with an even more corrupt, compromised (beholden), untruthful, unethical, hawkish, and probably xenophobic system...it will take a while to drain the cesspool after the administration changes.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Burning it down and replacing it with an even more corrupt, compromised (beholden), untruthful, unethical, hawkish, and probably xenophobic system...it will take a while to drain the cesspool after the administration changes.

Trump is not really burning anything in DC down is he? He is just taking everything everyone hates about politics and turning up to 11.

Partisan bickering based on nothing more that 'you are Democrat/Republican so I'm against your position, whatever it is?" higher than ever!

Corporate influence being more important than individuals? Practically every agency is now run by a Corporate CEO.

The perception that politicians are crooked? Non-stop investigations with multiple convictions.

What did we burn down? It looks like to me all they did is give approval to the worst of politics. How will that make anything better? In the end it just teaches everyone that if you want to win be worse than your opponent. So far the takeaway from the 2016 election is 'cheat as much as you can, because if you win you are untouchable'.

Reactions: hal2kilo

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
I did. I voted to burn down DC, as did many other voters.

Thanks for voting to destroy the reputation of our country and put corporate stooges in all positions of power. All the young people who will take over after you're gone really appreciate that.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
I think what is confusing people here is that it sounds like you are saying that you think that the Democrats did a good job when in power, and you voted for them and will again, but that them being proud of doing a good job pissed you off so bad that you decided to burn the whole country down?

It wasn’t Democrat’s per se that pissed me off but DC in and of itself. I didn’t vote for a Republican in 16 and there’s a lot that feel the same way.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
It wasn’t Democrat’s per se that pissed me off but DC in and of itself. I didn’t vote for a Republican in 16 and there’s a lot that feel the same way.

Again WTF is Trump doing that you actually like specifically? What is he "burning down" as you see it and how is that a positive for the country?

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Thanks for voting to destroy the reputation of our country and put corporate stooges in all positions of power. All the young people who will take over after you're gone really appreciate that.

Don't forget they will like it even more when their taxes go up so we can keep subsidizing old rich fucks.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005

So, you didn't have anything in specific you were angry about, you were just generally angry and decided to vote in the worst possible candidate out of spite? That does not sounds just a bit foolish to you?

The real question I think I'm trying to ask is, what would you like to see done to make you happier with DC? And maybe I need to also ask what does DC stand for to you? What is it you are angry at specifically? DC is a rather nebulous target for your anger, it is obviously a metaphor, but what is it symbolizing?

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Don't forget they will like it even more when their taxes go up so we can keep subsidizing old rich fucks.

The tax cuts are something I disagree with. Eventually yes, cut taxes, but right now spending is our concern. We have to cut spending.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
What Trump is doing is what I expected him to do. A lot of it is bad but it is shaking the damned place up. Yes I would vote for Beto, he seems like an Obama 2.0. Yes Hillary came into play in my thinking also, if someone like Beto were the candidate instead of her we wouldn’t have Trump in office. Hopefully it was a huge wake up slap in the face for Dems about hubris and taking things for granted but I doubt it. Everyone seems as partisan as ever.

So, you expected Trump to fuck it up but you voted for him anyway, because Hillary.

What makes you think Trump & the IRA wouldn't have bent your mind as much over Beto as they did Hillary?

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
So, you expected Trump to fuck it up but you voted for him anyway, because Hillary.

What makes you think Trump & the IRA wouldn't have bent your mind as much over Beto as they did Hillary?

Hillary had been in the public spotlight for TWO and a half decades. People made up their minds about her before George W. Bush was President. Even if she means well (questionable) she doesn't have a warm personality to sell it. Meaning there was no way to climb that hill.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
The tax cuts are something I disagree with. Eventually yes, cut taxes, but right now spending is our concern. We have to cut spending.

Ummm.... that's more than just a stretch.
  • You want tax cuts, eventually.
  • You want to cut spending.
  • You voted for Democrats?
Okay, better question. What is your impression / reaction to the documentary "Inequality For All"?

Your limited statements here towards economic policy scream Republican. So why then, would you have voted for any Democrats in the first place? Was it a protest vote against Bush and his deficit whoppers, his war in Iraq? I would think the natural reaction to that, if one wants less public money, is to turn Libertarian as I had done.

But then when you see the state of the economy, and learn where it has been, how it works, and where it is going.... that'd be a real rude awakening and "come to Jesus" moment. The "free market" is a cannibal, and we must save it before it chews its own head off. Before it smothers itself and us along with it. Left unchecked, over time, it would do nothing else. A vibrant social safety net is the only way to prevent our economy from devouring itself.

And Democrats are the only ones who even recognize a problem, let alone act towards fixing it. Flawed as they are, we must work towards improving their party and giving them the seats they need to act. P.S., that means more public money. A LOT more.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Hillary had been in the public spotlight for TWO and a half decades. People made up their minds about her before George W. Bush was President. Even if she means well (questionable) she doesn't have a warm personality to sell it. Meaning there was no way to climb that hill.

Bullshit. The 2016 Trump election campaign looked more like a lynch mob than anything else. Beyond that, Trump is president by dint of an anomalous result of the Electoral College, not by the will of the People.

And, uhh, if you regard UC's sentiments here as genuine you might be interested in some Arizona oceanfront.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Again WTF is Trump doing that you actually like specifically? What is he "burning down" as you see it and how is that a positive for the country?

These pathetic white people realized that their majority was soon over and this is a final fuck you to a nation that has moved beyond them. They are the worst parts of this country.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
These pathetic white people realized that their majority was soon over and this is a final fuck you to a nation that has moved beyond them. They are the worst parts of this country.

That''s not really constructive. Conservatives have been blued, screwed & tattooed by their own insincere GOP leadership.Their hopes & fears have been ruthlessly exploited in service to top down economic class warfare.

God, guns, gays, trans, abortion, terrarists, illegals & all they rest of it are highly contrived wedge issues that they fall for every time.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
That''s not really constructive. Conservatives have been blued, screwed & tattooed by their own insincere GOP leadership.Their hopes & fears have been ruthlessly exploited in service to top down economic class warfare.

God, guns, gays, trans, abortion, terrarists, illegals & all they rest of it are highly contrived wedge issues that they fall for every time.

fuck them. I dont care. Too dumb. Too white. Too late.

chowderhead

Platinum Member
Dec 7, 1999

I know I'm having a problem following that logic.

As to what this has to do with a thread about Beto is that we really need to understand where this anger comes from if we are to do better. Seriously we don't understand this. Do you want Democrats to be worse at governing? Do just want them to show false modesty? Do you just enjoy hurting people? What can we do to make people like you happy?

Clinton left the country with surplus and peace and prosperity following the economic mess left by George HW Bush. Less than half the voters and the Supreme Court decided to reward Republicans and gave us George W Bush. George W Bush got us into 2 unfunded wars, one based on lies. He gave billions to the rich and racked up trillions in debt all while leaving us in an economic mess that made GHW Bush's economic mess look like child's play.
Obama took over and made progress in fixing the problems the Republicans made. Republican fought him every step of the way. Obamacare gave health care to millions that did not have health care before. Now less than half the voters again gave the Republicans control.
From George HW Bush to George W Bush to Trump. That is the how far the Republicans have fallen. But each time, they will screw up the economy by giving trillions to the rich. The Democrats will come in and try and fix things and then voters reward Republicans who caused the issue in the first place.

Image the average voter and how dumb we are and than remember that there are 50% of the people that are dumber than the average. Those are the Republican voters.

Reactions: ccryder

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
I guess the op doesn’t want to tell us what trump is burning down and how it is good for the country.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
For one challenge the elitism that was so pervasive and shined a light on parts of America which were ignored or forgotten before. Came in and said globalism isn’t the solution to everything, we get cheap goods but it does a lot of harm to the US as well. Shook up both parties. Takes a more militarily isolationist approach compared to prior admins. Voice what’s on people’s minds and tap into the frustration people have at the offended by everything culture these days. In effect just turn political thinking on its head, there’s no more business as usual politics. The norms are gone as they should be.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
For one challenge the elitism that was so pervasive and shined a light on parts of America which were ignored or forgotten before. Came in and said globalism isn’t the solution to everything, we get cheap goods but it does a lot of harm to the US as well. Shook up both parties. Takes a more militarily isolationist approach compared to prior admins. Voice what’s on people’s minds and tap into the frustration people have at the offended by everything culture these days. In effect just turn political thinking on its head, there’s no more business as usual politics. The norms are gone as they should be.

Which explains your supposed support for Beto in what way?