Bethel Ohio, totally not racist and a great place to live

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010

Please watch the video. It is insane. This is small town America. If I was black I would be terrified to live somewhere like this.
"How come there are only 3 or 4 n*****s out here? That's right, N****R! N****R!"
"You shouldn't be supporting the goddamn n*****s around here!"

• Wow
Reactions: Amused

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
You get outside civilization in any city in this country and you aren't white--be careful.

My band unfortunately used to play wherever we could since we had no name and needed gigs. We had a few redneck bars out in the sticks we used to go to. One of them had places in the back for the airboats to dock. Nice hearing these camo-wearing rednecks loudly joking about stringin 'em up some black folks (though they didn't say "black folks"). My kids are half-asian so I'd be somewhat careful about where I'd choose to live, though they don't have it as bad as black kids would in those bad areas.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Small-midsized towns in middle America are often super duper racist. Most people think it's just the South....nope. It might actually be worse.

I live in New York.
One thing that's become blatantly obvious is that we are surrounded by super racist people. They have just been more discrete about about it..at least until Obama became president. Then they started showing their colors. Once Trump took office...holy crap.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I live in New York.
One thing that's become blatantly obvious is that we are surrounded by super racist people. They have just been more discrete about about it..at least until Obama became president. Then they started showing their colors. Once Trump took office...holy crap.

His win, in which he failed to clear the popular vote by millions, was interpreted as a legitimization of such feelings by a lot of people who decided they didn't need to hide them any longer.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Just visited datausa.io tto view some data on my town, which from what I can see based on atitudes and yard\truck Flags is a hot bed of racists republican Trump shits....

These little nuggets
Under most specialized
"unusually high number of residents working as Law Enforcement Workers "
This under highest paid
"Law Enforcement Workers"

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
Just visited datausa.io tto view some data on my town, which from what I can see based on atitudes and yard\truck Flags is a hot bed of racists republican Trump shits....

These little nuggets
Under most specialized
"unusually high number of residents working as Law Enforcement Workers "
This under highest paid
"Law Enforcement Workers"
Which dataset are you looking at to get that info?

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I live in a very small fewer than 6000 people) on the Washington coast. Redneck as hell...with Trump flags everywhere...yet I haven't seen or heard any kind of racist acts or speech. Does it happen? I'm sure it does...after all, we have 4-5 black families here...as well as some Hispanic families and Asian families. (I live next to the family of one of the owners of the only Chinese restaurant in town)

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
The Bethels in Maine and Vermont seem a lot less racist, I'd def stick to those. There are some real rednecks in Maine, but I've never known them to be very outspoken or aggressive. Not like those assholes. Wow.

There are BLM signs all over the place in VT, despite there being very few black folks who live up here. Haven't seen or heard a single 'all lives matter' ignorant cop out. Small details like that remind me why I'm so glad to have washed my hands of Florida and the bible belt.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Small-midsized towns in middle America are often super duper racist. Most people think it's just the South....nope. It might actually be worse.
Indiana comes to mind. Had a large KKK membership at one time.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Indiana comes to mind. Had a large KKK membership at one time.

Its most places in the midwest really but yeah Indiana would be near the top of my list except for a few of the college towns like Bloomington.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
then you have Vidor, TX which has been known as a racist hotspot

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
my neighbor for many years was originally from Ohio. I got the sense from him that racism there was truly the norm, outside of big cities. He had to tone down his overt references, but he's still the same.
SMH

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
my neighbor for many years was originally from Ohio. I got the sense from him that racism there was truly the norm, outside of big cities. He had to tone down his overt references, but he's still the same.
SMH
I'm originally from Cincinnati (Bethel is just east of Cincinnati) and currently live in Atlanta.

For the most part, most states are Mississippi outside of the Metro areas.

Franz316

Sep 12, 2000
ce689b3e-1821-4644-914c-df0cd4b7ff7a-061520BethelProtests03.JPG

My god, this image is worth a hundred words. These towns are like the armpits of America. I think it's caused by generations of echo chamber and economic depravity, which they now take pride in. They're mentally and emotionally stunted in growth, which makes me feel a very tiny bit bad for them. Most likely they've hardly left their own town let alone be exposed to other ideas. They live in fear of the outside world and what's different. It's nearly impossible to reach people like this, their minds are too far gone.

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
ce689b3e-1821-4644-914c-df0cd4b7ff7a-061520BethelProtests03.JPG

My god, this image is worth a hundred words. These towns are like the armpits of America. I think it's caused by generations of echo chamber and economic depravity, which they now take pride in. They're mentally and emotionally stunted in growth, which makes me feel a very tiny bit bad for them. Most likely they've hardly left their own town let alone be exposed to other ideas. They live in fear of the outside world and what's different. It's nearly impossible to reach people like this, their minds are too far gone.
It's called blow back, but at least we can enjoy our cheap outsourced goods and services on the coasts so the 1% who live in their gated communities can enjoy wealth and prosperity like no one else while virtue signaling over the issues the little people struggle with every day in real life.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
It's called blow back, but at least we can enjoy our cheap outsourced goods and services on the coasts so the 1% who live in their gated communities can enjoy wealth and prosperity like no one else while virtue signaling over the issues the little people struggle with every day in real life.

Oh fuck it. You won't engage anyways. Plonk.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010

IDK that one guy has a nasa shirt on, maybe he's been to Florida once.

• Haha
Reactions: zinfamous