Bestiphilia OR Necroality?

Wheezer

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
Link

UPERIOR, Wis. - A Wisconsin man convicted of having sexual contact with a dead deer has been sentenced to nine more months in jail.

Bryan James Hathaway, 21, of Superior had his probation revoked last month for using alcohol and marijuana, lying to his probation agent, and having unapproved contact with a minor child and sexual relations with another adult.

A judge sentenced Hathaway to nine more months in jail during a hearing on Friday.

Hathaway was sentenced to probation in March. It was to be served at the same time as a nine-month jail sentence he received in February for violating his extended supervision.

He was found guilty in April 2005 of felony mistreatment of an animal after he killed a horse with the intention of having sex with it. He was sentenced to 18 months in jail and two years of extended supervision on that charge as well as six years of probation for taking and driving a vehicle without the owner's consent.

Hathaway had just been released from prison for killing the horse when the deer incident happened. He is appealing his conviction on the deer charge.

wow, a horse and a deer....dude has issues.

Oct 4, 2004
He was found guilty in April 2005 of felony mistreatment of an animal after he killed a horse with the intention of having sex with it.

Dead animals don't say no, eh? Guy needs help.

having unapproved contact with a minor child

Does this mean he tried to molest the child or he was simply banned from being around unrelated minors (and places like schools, libraries, playgrounds etc.)?

sourceninja

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2005
Maybe by minor child, they were talking about his visit to a pet store to look at kittens.

rpanic

Golden Member
Dec 1, 2006
Wonder if he has done the same to humans, and not been caught. Sicko

Oct 4, 2004
Not to sound like a bleeding-heart hippie or anything but do you guys think guys that rape dead animals better belong in prison or a mental institution?

RapidSnail

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2006
Originally posted by: Fritzo
Oh deer....

:D

Originally posted by: theprodigalrebel
Not to sound like a bleeding-heart hippie or anything but do you guys think guys that rape dead animals better belong in prison or a mental institution?

Both. Prison time should be dealt for the violation, followed by some quality time in a mental institution.

PottedMeat

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
Originally posted by: RapidSnail

Both. Prison time should be dealt for the violation, followed by some quality time in a mental institution.

Mental institution, sure, but why prison? A dead animal doesn't care what happens to its body.

RapidSnail

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2006
Originally posted by: PottedMeat

Mental institution, sure, but why prison? A dead animal doesn't care what happens to its body.

Maybe because he killed it?

PottedMeat

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002

Yeah, I probably should have specified that. If he killed it unlawfully -> charged with a crime he be!

But if he's a corpse fucker, get the guy some help.

RapidSnail

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah, I probably should have specified that. If he killed it unlawfully -> charged with a crime he be!

But if he's a corpse fucker, get the guy some help.

If necrophilia and bestiality are against the law in his district, then he should first be penalized and then given mental help.

Sqube

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2004
Originally posted by: mordantmonkey
had his probation revoked last month for...sexual relations with another adult.

worst. probation. terms. ever.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Isn't this what we want? You know, healthy relationships with real people, instead of with dead animals? He should have been obligated to bump uglies with a live person to stay out of jail.

And also... necrobestiality seems like something a lot more indicative of a need for help than a need for jail. I understand it's not legal in the eyes of the law, but goddamn. What good do you really think it's going to do this guy to be in jail?

He needs to be somewhere where he can talk about his issue and people can try to, you know, talk him out of fucking dead animals.

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
Originally posted by: BigJ
You think maybe the guy needs help instead of being thrown in jail?

you can't fix something that broken
lock him up in the nuthouse for the criminally insane

ZzZGuy

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2006
Originally posted by: FoBoT

At worst he killed someone else's horse, so i would consider that destruction of private property and animal abuse. He doesn't deserve to be locked away in jail for the rest of his life, epically where he is clearly mentally ill. As for the thread title, that i would consider a clear sign of mental illness rather then a criminal act (if he was "normal" and just screwed animals, then sure throw the book at him).

I would like to see him receive jail time if he has the where-with-all to know what he did was wrong as long as it doesn't F*** him up even more, followed by a stay in a mental institution first to determine if he might start killing people or something, then however long it takes to get it through his head to stop this behavior. If he persists, then your right FoBoT.

As for keeping him away form children :thumbsup:
no "sexual relations with another adult" :thumbsdown: (refer to Sqube's post)

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
Originally posted by: ZzZGuy
If he persists, then your right FoBoT.

he already did it twice, a horse and a deer

you want to wait until he hits a few more members of the animal kingdom?

possums? squirrels? elephants? maybe he can satisfy that tiger in the S.F. zoo

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
And why do people not like the Death Penalty? Is there really a reason to keep people like this around?

Number1

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
But, once you got venison you'll never go back...................

I would assume we are all safe then.

Number1

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
Originally posted by: Kelemvor
And why do people not like the Death Penalty? Is there really a reason to keep people like this around?

Is there a reason to kill him?

RapidSnail

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2006
Originally posted by: ZzZGuy
Originally posted by: FoBoT

At worst he killed someone else's horse, so i would consider that destruction of private property and animal abuse. He doesn't deserve to be locked away in jail for the rest of his life, epically where he is clearly mentally ill. As for the thread title, that i would consider a clear sign of mental illness rather then a criminal act (if he was "normal" and just screwed animals, then sure throw the book at him).

I would like to see him receive jail time if he has the where-with-all to know what he did was wrong as long as it doesn't F*** him up even more, followed by a stay in a mental institution first to determine if he might start killing people or something, then however long it takes to get it through his head to stop this behavior. If he persists, then your right FoBoT.

As for keeping him away form children :thumbsup:
no "sexual relations with another adult" :thumbsdown: (refer to Sqube's post)

I like how you just minimize the fact that he actually went as far as to kill someone's horse. Animal abuse, more so for sexual gratification or mutilation, is a very serious sign of an unstable individual; especially one who could go the next step. The fact that he went back and killed an animal to have sex with it after he had already been punished for necrophiliac bestiality is an extremely strong indicator that he knows what he's doing. In a sense, all criminals like this are "mentally insane," but not as in retardation or autism. They are insane because of their actions, not acting out of insanity. The processes that lead to this sort of though pattern are heavily environmental, but at the same time, the person must make a decision, at some point, about the actions that he wishes to commit. I am extremely opposed to classifying criminals as just diseased. I believe that there is something very wrong with their minds, but that they consciously brought themselves to that point.

As for punishment, I can agree that he should receive both criminal and psychiatric treatment. However, I do not think you can cure an individual like this just with CBT/etc. In order for their to be a true curing of the patient, there has to be a change of heart. Psychiatric treatment works so far as the patient is immersed in that environment, but once let free, they often turn back to their old habits. If no repentance and remorse is given, then their is often no hope for the individual. Unfortunately, this often leads to more death or sexual malpractice before it is noticed.