Best XBox 360 racing games (not sims)

Sep 29, 2004
What are the best Xbox 360 racing games. I have Forza 2,3 and 4. That's kinda what I am interested in. It requires some tuning but not much. It's in between a sim and an arcade style racing game.

Are there other good racing games that are either arcade style or arcade/sim hybrid?

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
burnout paradise hands down. by far the best racer on xbox360 imo.

need for speed most wanted (the launch title, not the new one) and burnout revenge were also very very good, but those are like year 1 360 titles so the graphics aren't that great, but they are still really fun. i played burnout revenge within the past 2-3 months and it is still a blast. the crash mode in it is a lot of fun to this day.

many of the NFS titles in general are pretty fun, but they are all so similar. hot pursuit was my favorite nfs game other than the nfs:mw launch title.

of recent, forza horizon is really good too. this is more what you seem to be looking for. it's more of a hybrid style. the burnout and nfs series are flat out arcade racers where you can make hairpin turns going nearly 200mph. horizon is between forza and an arcade racer, and it's open world.

codyray10

Apr 14, 2008
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (arcade)
Need for Speed: Most Wanted (arcade)
Need for Speed: Shift 1/2 (more sim type)
Midnight Club 3: DUB edition (arcade, my personal fav)
Dirt series (never really played much, more of a sim type)

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Forza Horizon is awesome. Definitely a top notch arcade racer. Also I really liked Need for Speed Most Wanted 2013 version.

ronbo613

Golden Member
Jan 9, 2010
Horizon is a fun driving game. If you are an experienced video racer, you might go through the game pretty quickly though. Online multiplayer public lobbies are pretty much a demolition derby.
It's a nice break from games like Forza 4, you can just drive around and have fun.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
Second Burnout: Paradise. It's one of the only older games I'll go back and play on a relatively frequent basis.

jrphoenix

Golden Member
Feb 29, 2004
another vote for Forza Horizon. I'm playing it now and loving it. More arcade than regular Forza but, familiar to Forza fans!

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
Project Gotham Racing 4 (PGR4) very fun, and rides the line between sim and arcade nicely.
Both Burnout games fall on the arcade side but are tons of fun. I prefer Revenge to Paradise, but both hold their own.

Lil Frier

Platinum Member
Oct 3, 2013
I really liked Most Wanted (the first one) and Carbon from the NFS series, with ProStreet being the last game of the franchise that I played (because of my disdain for EA). Rivals actually looks good as well.

Outside of NFS, I liked the first GRiD, though I got bored of it before I finished the game myself.

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
Need for Speed Most Wanted was awesome. I'm not sure how it aged but it was the sole reason I wanted an XBOX 360 after I played it at a friends house.

Soundmanred

Lifer
Oct 26, 2006
Second Burnout: Paradise. It's one of the only older games I'll go back and play on a relatively frequent basis.

Same.
I 100% it (minus the online stuff) at least one a year.
I bought an Xbox360 just to play the expansion when I heard it wasn't going to make it to PC.

TreVader

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2013
PGR4 is hands down the best racing game on Xbox360. I'm really sad they didn't make PGR5

Lil Frier

Platinum Member
Oct 3, 2013
PGR4 is hands down the best racing game on Xbox360. I'm really sad they didn't make PGR5

I agree that PGR was great. I also agree with the disappointment about not having a sequel. My only complaint about PGR was how locked-down it was. You couldn't do any tuning (not that I actually could), and even the paint schemes were locked-down, meaning there was nothing to play with outside of the races.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Anything Forza is gold. They really kind of stole a lot of concepts from Gran Turismo to build the game and it gave the developers plenty of easy content to acheive. Driving, graphics, track selection, and car selection/mods are all pretty solid.

Lil Frier

Platinum Member
Oct 3, 2013
Until the newest game, where they cut out a BUNCH of cars and tracks, making a game I got bored of due to redundancy even more redundant. That's my problem with racing games, they're just too redundant.