Best way to remove shattered glass from interior?

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
I've vacuumed most of it out and every once in a while, one of the larger shards show up. Aside from that, some of the really small stuff is kind of floating around the inside and stabbing me in the ass/hand as I climb into the driver's seat from the passenger seat.

I'm porbably going to go vacuum again and run a microfiber cloth over the seats, but was just posting to see if anyone knew of some awesome trick.

For the curious, see here.

RadiclDreamer

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2004
When someone busted my window, I put on some heavy gardening gloves and smacked the seat and carpet a few times, it was usually enough to make the small pieces bounce up and be seen as well as dislodge them so they could be removed with a shop vac

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
yeah, it sucks
i had the passenger windows smashed by some punk kids, i vacuumed all i could then the glass guy vacuumed some more when he replaced the glass

Rastus

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I had a window broken out five years ago and glass still shows up every once in a while.

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
How about wrapping your hand in some sticky tape, like duct tape, sticky side out and probe the interior like it was Jessica Alba.

Terabyte

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 1999
Originally posted by: Squisher
How about wrapping your hand in some sticky tape, like duct tape, sticky side out and probe the interior like it was Jessica Alba.

:Q

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
ok, between this thread, the thread asking about cleaning off a knife, and the thread asking about untraceable calls yesterday, wtf is going on in atot? :p

I've really had to stop myself from making an American Psycho parody thread about trying to convince the dry cleaners to get the blood off my sheets.

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
All tips so far sound good, especially that jessica alba one. Although, I don't know if I'll do quite so much probing as pumping...

Anyway...