$$$$$ Best way to make a exceptional living? $$$$$

mpg

Banned
Nov 23, 2000
Is it doing very good in High school going to college and work your ass off?

or

Getting computer certified to more peices of paper than you can count?

or

Get a job fast and work up?

or

Save every penny be cheap as hell?

or

Other?

Let me know, very interested.

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
A little bit of all of that. As long as you are moral about it. I hate the peeps who get rich by hurting others, stepping on whoever it takes, and whatnot. Hard work is and knowledge is a must.

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I'll have to agree with all of the above. If you REALLY want to live like that, there is no magical solution (usually)...it's just lots and lots of hard work.

mpg

Banned
Nov 23, 2000
I would like to know what happiness is because seeing my parents who are practically in debt and lead their lives in quiet desperation. It makes me sad.

NovaTerra

Banned
Jan 15, 2001
Go to college. Study hard and get good grades. Network like a motherfscker. Find out who the bright stars are in the student population, and get friendly with them. Suck up. Basically build all the skills you will need to get ahead in business.

Start managing your money now. Put something away every week that you will never see, so that you build up savings quick. If you have an interest in computers, get that education as well--but remember there is an income ceiling for techies right now...but no income ceiling if you are in management.

Comp10

May 23, 2000
First step, realize that all the money in the world will never truly make you happy. Being on a quest for money will only lead to a never ending cycle of greed and ultimately dispair. How many times as a kid (or as an adult) have you ever thought that a single toy would make you happy, only to realize a few weeks after you get it that it doesn't really make you happy? Then you decide that something else you can buy will make you happy, so you get that, but just like clockwork sooner or later or realize that it too no longer keeps you "happy." Money is the same way, its just a temporary illusion that tricks you into believing that attaining it should be the goal of your life, and that once you have enough of it THEN you can be happy. Don't be fooled. Money does not equal happiness nor an exceptional living.

Second step, go on a search and find that which WILL make you happy. I know this is easier said than done, but happiness is out there, just don't be fooled by what our society tells you happiness is. Find it for yourself.

jmcoreymv

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Well if you want to make the most cash, this is a capitalistic society, and the people who make the most money are logically the capitalists. You have to start your own successful business.