best way to get rid of snake on property? (outside)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Well, I think you should probably snap out of your fears. Snakes are harmless if you'll just leave them alone.
Because there are no poisonous snakes nor any large enough to harm pets? Depends a lot on where you are located, and what particular snake.

Further, you might be deluded about "fear". For example I don't fear ants at all, but they are not going to hang out in my house. They just don't have a personality worthy of being guests.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Because there are no poisonous snakes nor any large enough to harm pets? Depends a lot on where you are located, and what particular snake.

Further, you might be deluded about "fear". For example I don't fear ants at all, but they are not going to hang out in my house. They just don't have a personality worthy of being guests.
Unless you keep mice as pets, gardner snakes aren't going to do anything. As every level-headed person has said in this thread, the snake in the OP is not, and will never be, a threat to humans or household pets. They are good for the perimeter of the home since they keep the rodents in check. If you don't have anything to keep the rodents in check, they may start finding their way into the home for food. There's nothing worse than opening your pantry and seeing your oats haven been chewed into and spread all over the place because a mouse found its way into your home.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
^ did the op provide a pic so we determined that it's harmless? If so then I missed that.

If there was no determination of harmless, it would be silly to risk lives assuming it is until more details are provided. There are in fact, many poisonous snakes crawling around the US... assuming it is the US.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
^ did the op provide a pic so we determined that it's harmless? If so then I missed that.

If there was no determination of harmless, it would be silly to risk lives assuming it is until more details are provided. There are in fact, many poisonous snakes crawling around the US... assuming it is the US.
You might want to go actually read through the post because all the details you're lacking have been outlined more than once.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
well we have never had any pests in our yard before. i've been here 4 years now and also never seen any signs of a snake until this past month.

...right. that's why you don't have pests in your yard. Leave it alone. Teach the kid(s) to respect the things around them. No reason they can't grow up learning about such critters. I know that I was that lucky at such a young age. We had many pet snakes...many of them rather deadly but whatever: You learn to not fuck with things that can fuck you back.

lol, sorry for the necro. was looking for another thread, but I can't help myself in any "how do I get rid of snakes????" topic. Must vent.

Reactions: Meghan54