Best way to get rid of extra computer parts/cables

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
I have tons of excess parts stored away. Most of them are older and I just dont have the room for them. Is there some way to easily get rid of these? Who would I donate them to?

MattCo

Platinum Member
Jan 29, 2001
Chuck them in random boxes and sell them as mystery parts on FS/FT. People will buy anything.

-MC

Demon-Xanth

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
Go to FS/FT forum
Insert "free" in the heading
Insert list of items in body
Insert "You pay shipping" at end.

Good chance you'll be done in a week.

chiwawa626

Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
You could always put them up in fs/ft...Or just throw em on the floor, take a pic, put em in a giant box and ebay it :)

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: Demon-Xanth
Go to FS/FT forum

I have considered that, but I don't want to individually list items nor do I feel like shipping an 80lb box of computer parts.

chiwawa626

Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: minendo
Originally posted by: Demon-Xanth
Go to FS/FT forum

I have considered that, but I don't want to individually list items nor do I feel like shipping an 80lb box of computer parts.

Just throw them in a box and call ups to pick up...mension that in the auction where buyer pays all shipping.

all168

May 16, 2001
I have the same problem, last year when my work place tried get rip of those P1 or P2 computer and try to donate to charity or schools, charity want complete system with CD-ROM, and OS, otherwise some of the will not want them or others will charge up to $250 to pick them up. Schools also want a complete system with OS. Finally, I have to dump them to the trash bin. Anyone in Los Angeles has any suggestion for me?

Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: all168
I have the same problem, last year when my work place tried get rip of those P1 or P2 computer and try to donate to charity or schools, charity want complete system with CD-ROM, and OS, otherwise some of the will not want them or others will charge up to $250 to pick them up. Schools also want a complete system with OS. Finally, I have to dump them to the trash bin. Anyone in Los Angeles has any suggestion for me?

SETI cluster? :D

- M4H

crumpet19

Platinum Member
Feb 10, 2002
If you've got any old networking or rack mountable equpiment, I am in desperate need of it. Let me know if ya do!

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by: all168
Isn't it illegal to dump CRTs into the regular trash collection?

It should be in hippy, tree-huggin' CA. :p

DanJ

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
EBay is where all old things go to be sold to people who don't know any better.

agnitrate

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001
Originally posted by: minendo
I have tons of excess parts stored away. Most of them are older and I just dont have the room for them. Is there some way to easily get rid of these? Who would I donate them to?

I have the same problem. I have tons of crap I want to sell but just don't have the effort.

I have like 3 hubs sitting doing nothing since it's hard to ship something that big. I have tons of old hardware I don't think anybody wants. Maybe I should just do a huge FS/FT thread with some dirt cheap prices to get rid of it all.....