best way to demolish brick wall

d33pt

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2001
I have two brick walls I need gone. about 4 ft high and 4 ft wide. What's the easiest way to demolish without heavy equipment?

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Ronstang
If you don't care to save the brick a sledge hammer will make quick work of them.

Just be sure to wear eye protection. Little bits of brick will fly out at high speed.

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000
Originally posted by: Jeff7
Originally posted by: Ronstang
If you don't care to save the brick a sledge hammer will make quick work of them.

Just be sure to wear eye protection. Little bits of brick will fly out at high speed.

Yes, that is very true.

TheGizmo

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2000
dynamite is the fun way to go.

renting a wrecking ball might be out of the question, but that would totally kick a$$ and you know it.

you could buy a $200 beater car from the newspaper and drive it into the walls.. that would also be fun.

those are my suggestions. there are cheaper ways, but wheres the fun in them

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
Sledge hammer would be the quick and dirty way. A regular hammer and chisel will get the job done too though, just takes longer, and you could save the bricks.

bctbct

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2005
brick and block is pretty easy to demo if you start at the top and work your way down one course at a time, it will pop right off. Dont start in the middle or bottom.

Fraggable

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2005
Paint it up with some nitro glycerine and then smack it with a hammer or something.

On second thought, you may want to be farther away than the length of a hammer handle when you hit it. Maybe shoot at it from 50 feet away?