Best way to connect wireless headphones to TV?

Discussion in 'Audio/Video & Home Theater' started by CurseTheSky, Dec 11, 2012.

1. CurseTheSky

CurseTheSky Diamond Member

Hi guys,

My wife likes to watch TV late at night, and since we're on opposite shifts, it often keeps me up. I'm looking for a way to connect wireless headphones to our TV so that she can lay in bed (across the room) and hear her shows without disturbing me.

Right now the setup is just cable box -> HDMI cable -> Panasonic P42G25. I believe it only has optical out for use with HDMI in.

What's the best bang for the buck? I'd prefer not to buy an entire receiver if possible - is there anything else that will let me hook up some wireless headphones?

Thanks. :)

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - connect wireless headphones Forum Date
    Any way to connect wireless speakers to receiver in addition to existing 5.1 system? Audio/Video & Home Theater Nov 27, 2015
    Connecting wireless headphone to audio receiver Audio/Video & Home Theater Apr 23, 2014
    What is best device for wireless connection of PC to HDTV? Audio/Video & Home Theater Nov 29, 2012
    Cannot wirelessly connect my Panasonic BluRay disc player to the internet Audio/Video & Home Theater Jul 5, 2012
    How to connect wireless headphones to the Samsung 43D450 Plasma Audio/Video & Home Theater Dec 28, 2011

3. birthdaymonkey

birthdaymonkey Golden Member

According to this

http://www.hdtvreview.com/Panasonic-TH-P42G2-hdtv.html

your TV has composite and headphone audio out jacks. You just need to get a set of wireless headphones, and you're good to go.

I bought these Sennheisers to use in exactly the scenario you're describing, and they work very well.

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-RS1...ess+headphones

I think they were cheaper at the time though... more on the order of $70 than $100.

EDIT: Oops! Sorry, when I was copy/pasting the model name I left out the 5 on the end. It looks like the P42G25 does not have analog audio out, which makes your objective much more difficult. Unless you can find a set of headphones with TOSLINK input (which seem to be quite pricey), I'm afraid you're out of luck. Maybe the cheapest option would be to try and find a DAC that supports optical, but that would probably be just as expensive as a cheap receiver.

#2 birthdaymonkey, Dec 11, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  4. birthdaymonkey

birthdaymonkey Golden Member

5. lupi

lupi Lifer

I've got composite audio hooked up from cable box to headset base.