Best vid cards for laptops?

BenCaz

Apr 9, 2002
I will be getting a laptop soon for a grad. gift, and I would like to know the better video cards for laptops? Since this will be my only laptop for a while i would like good video card for it. I will be running plenty of games, and dvd's on it, so any comments or suggestions will be appreciated.

Luke727

Nov 1, 2001
I would imagine the best performing video card (and most expensive) would be the GeForce 4 Go....with 64MB DDR RAM. I don't remember what the model numbers are. I wish I hadn't gotten my laptop until now. It has a Rage Mobility with 8MB SGRAM....sigh.

Rand

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
GeForce4 Go and ATi Radeon 7500 Mobility. Both are very close in performance, different aplications seem to prefer either card.
Personally I'd prefer the R7500 Mobility due to the lower power consumption... I'm not too impressed with the drivers for nVidia's mobile cards, but then ATi isnt perfect in that respect either.

NordicNINE

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2000
www.heatware.com
I'm looking to get a new notebook this weekend. I mainly want it for browsing the web and playing DVD's, but since I do like to play games sometimes and I like to have top performance when I do, I've started looking at gaming notebooks. The best deal seems to be the Compaq 2800 that you can get for $1400-$1500 well configured and it has the ATI Radeon 7500. Dell 8200 seems to be around same price range and also has a 7500, but it's alot heavier and for the same pricerange, I'll take the lighter one. What other mid range notebooks have the Radeon 7500, or GeForceGo?