Best sword in cartoon, movie, or video game

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Originally posted by: XabanakFanatik
The Kings Sword of Haste from Diablo. Cut through swarms with ease.

Although, since real swords are cooler, the Vassal... Mmmm, I tried so hard not to massacre everyone with it.

doombringer (diablo1) >>>> KSOH (diablo 1)

DB has +250% damage :D

granted KSOH is hasted, but my brother's warrior seemed to kick a lot more ass with DB than KSOH

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I always went straight for the Ragnarok sword since I knew I could get Ultima from the Paladin Shield.

Did anyone ever take the esper, get at least one person to learn Ultima and then take it back to the weaponsmith?
Will he let you convert it then, or does he only make the offer when first giving you the esper?

The only reason I ask is my emulator allows me to edit memory values and I dont think it would be hard to find the number of items in slot 1.
All I would have to do is let some folks learn Ultima with the shield and the esper, convert the esper, move the sword to slot one, give myself 99 of them, convert one to Illumina at the colliseum, give myself 99 of those, and somewhere in between give myself 99 Paladin shields too.

God DAMN THATS CHEAP!!!!
I'd be an evil little man if I did that.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Originally posted by: Deeko
Originally posted by: Xavier434
Originally posted by: sonoma1993
Originally posted by: shortylickens
Originally posted by: sonoma1993
pearl sword from final fantasy 6
I believe that was called the Illumina in American FF3. Very nice. It bumped up all your stats significantly and used a little MP to do massive critical hits. Randomly cast Pearl.

Its brother (the sword exchanged for it at the Colliseum) was Ragnarok, also very good. Had the same abilities and randomly cast Flare on strike.
Not to mention they both looked cool.

yeah your right, it is the illumina sword. I couldnt think of the actual name of sword.

Too bad it wasn't worth trading up the Ragnarok esper to get your hands on it. Ultima is such a badass spell in that game that you just can't pass it up. That plus any monster that is immune to or absorbs holy elemental spells make the Illumina sword useless since it deals holy damage and not physical damage. I always wanted both though. :(

The Paladin shield not only teaches you ultima, it also is the most badass defensive item in the game, absorbing pretty much all magic. Best of both worlds! I'd slap Locke with Illumina and the Paladin Shield and watch him rampage.

Sweet, I didn't know that. The Paladin shield was awesome. One thing I never did was uncurse the cursed ring. What did that change into?

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
Wow, this thread made me dig up an ancient memory of a cartoon I had completely forgotten about. Anyone else remember the Powerstar from Blackstar? Boy that show sure looks cheesy now, I remember loving it as a kid. :)

Finalnight

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2003
Callandor from Wheel of Time (book)
Tenseiga from Inuyasha (anime, but becomes super badass in the manga)
Silver Sword of Gith from Neverwinter Nights 2 (video game0

secretanchitman

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
the master sword from the zelda series...my favorite was the ones in ocarina of time and twilight princess. man, AWESOME sword.

Cooler

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2005
Dragon Slayer from Berserk. It has killed more things then anything else I know.

ja1484

Platinum Member
Dec 31, 2007
Originally posted by: XabanakFanatik
The Kings Sword of Haste.

About time. It took 6 pages to get here?

If you show up at a sword fight with anything else, just GTF home.

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
Narsil hands down, gnarliest sword ever. (Forged by dwarves, and later became Anduril, Arragorn's sword.

mattpegher

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2006
I have always been partial to the Dai-Katana. The Daedric Dai-Katana from Morrowind looked cool. But for functionality I prefer my simple forged Dai-katana with simple brass tsuba, but I am always looking for a folded blade, just never found one at that length. The forged one is 56 inch total length.

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
Originally posted by: Katanand45
The Highlander sword. But I am kind of partial to katanas.

Ask me what kind of gun is the best ;)

The Claymore ('Great Sword' literally)?

Eh, it's alright. It was developed in the 15th century, little late for Braveheart's time (he lived in the (13th to early 14th). ;)

GoatMonkey

Golden Member
Feb 25, 2005
In a video game I enjoyed using the Blade of Carnage in Everquest. It completely transformed my abilities as a warrior/main tank in guild raids.

In a movie, lightsaber.

In a cartoon, Sword of Omens. Sight beyond sight to the girls locker room. Oh yeah. You know that perv tried it.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
CJ's meat sword in the SA hot coffee mod. So powerful they had to re-rate the game.