Best sound card for Windows 7???

boglwe

Aug 16, 2007
I am looking for a sound card to work with my Windows 7 system. I usually game and listen to music. I sometimes use cubase and reason....but this is more of a very small hobby then anything. If you recomend a high end music production card, then It is a must to work with my games. I only use stereo speakers (BX5A's).

Lean L

Diamond Member
Apr 30, 2009
I find that the best card for the moolah is an old audigy 1. As far as I'm concerned, there is no difference between the 1/2/4 besides two extra channels, newer eax and slightly better dacs.

An audigy should work with 7 using default drivers. Download alchemy for direct sound in games, and use creative asio + noise sharpening for music. Fyi, imo noise sharpening in foobar is as good as the crystalizer in the xfis.

boglwe

Aug 16, 2007
Do you need midi inputs?

Yes, Midi would be nice, BUT NOT SUPER IMORTANT. I am looking at the M-audio http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846.

I used that with general music production before and it was great in XP using Cubase, waves, reason, Komplete.....Al that junk. But, now I am no longer doing production for money and I just want something that can play games well as well as let me do some decent fumbling around with music production.

I would not mind using the fast trak Pro if that also works well with games. I will be buying a pair of Rokit 6's as well.

Last edited:

Blain

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Provantage is also a great place to buy from.
I live one state over from them (they are based in Ohio), and get next day delivery some times with normal shipping.

Last edited: