Best song of the 90s....

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
They're overplayed, but it's between these two. I think I'd give the nod to Lightning Crashes, though. 90s music videos were totally awesome.

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
No doubt it's Nirvanas Smells Like Teen Spirit. This song kicked off the 90's rock scene. It literally said fuck you to the rock ballads of the '70's and '80's. I've got a soft spot for The Chronics Nuthin' But a G Thang. Rap music was huge in the 90's and Dr. Dre and Snoop launched it in the mainstream with this song. I mean I never heard a song on the radio like that before.

Last edited:

tynopik

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2004
No doubt it's Nirvanas Smells Like Teen Spirit. This song kicked off the 90's rock scene. It literally said fuck you to the rock ballads of the '70's and '80's

most historic/important? perhaps

best? no

Pick2

Golden Member
Feb 14, 2017
Music quality fell off a cliff with the advent of disco , and is still falling. No , these are not High Water pants or shorts I'm wearing , It's just that I have to pull the waist up to my tits 'cause I've got no Ass left. Now get off my lawn you young wipper snappers - Gul Dang It !
:p

Reactions: Thebobo

deustroop

Golden Member
Dec 12, 2010
If you don't think there was a single good song that came out in the 90s, the problem is you, not the music.

Well lemmie double check now, cause I wannabe fair, and some bright lite just listed another, Monster Magnet, really ? and Goo Fighters, lol, now where were I, yeah, checking the 90s ( no apostrophes) for best songs, any anywhere?
Sorry
I stick by the original post:
nada.

Kind'a reminds of the lines of our latest Nobel No Sho

All these people that you mention
Yes I know them they are quite lame
I had to rearrange their faces and give them all another name.

deustroop

Golden Member
Dec 12, 2010
Well lemmie double check now, cause I wannabe fair, and some bright lite just listed another, Monster Magnet, really ? and Goo Fighters, lol, now where were I, yeah, checking the 90s ( no apostrophes) for best songs, any anywhere?
Sorry
nada.

My friend.
I share the emptiness you found in the 90s
Nosuch thing as music, generally, nevermind a "best" song,

BUT

Well you dung fooked up boy 'cause (apostrophe)
You missed the only R&R Band born of that hole in the music world
And should be ashamed big time.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Sorry
nada.

And I stick with my statement: the problem is you, not the music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AldoDm2bV04&list=PLphdlTz7uh1Go2H16V65XHRrC_E1IjmHi

Reactions: ch33zw1z

Herr Kutz

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2009
Definitely a toss up between oops I did it again and bye bye bye.

Edit: Damn, these were both in 2000, but it felt like the 90s.

Last edited: