Question Best solution towards Lga 775, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahzinho

Sep 20, 2020
Hi, yes I will be with Lga 775 and right now using P5QL-SE from Asus. I want to know the best solution in brand and model please. My PSU is PW400 with 2x 4pin 12v and I want to extract the best from Q9300 with 16 GB (I will buy it later). Shopping won't be right now, perhaps next month. I thought about P5Q Deluxe since ...
. suports 16 GB
. it's economical
. bi-way for phases with dual 12v
. looks very cool
. dual-ethernet << I use mainly for market (stock market) and programming too, so I need the best relation in performance towards ethernet/RAM/CPU. I also own a Patriot Burst 120 GB SSD.

So, which solution is the best for me, please people? I disconsider to buy a newer platform right now, you have to stay the attentions into Lga 775, please.

I also own original Windows 10 Pro and would not format, but reutilize my O.S the way it's and the graphics card is the low-energy drawer FX 580 { nVIDIA Quadro }

RLGL

Platinum Member
Jan 8, 2013
If any hardware is available, it will be expensive if new. Used parts carry no warranty. BTW this stuff does not age well.

zir_blazer

Golden Member
Jun 6, 2013
maybe the mainboard is just 20$ compared to upgrading every part to get a new platform? :p 775 speeds drove me crazy q6600 :)
There is a massive performance difference between modern low end Hardware and whatever you can do with museum grade gear. And power consumption of old parts is much higher than modern ones, like the discrete Video Card, factor the cost of that, too.
Seriously, a low end modern APU would blow out of the water whatever you can do with that. More so if you are going to spend money in other components like the Video Card and RAM. If you aren't building an era accurate machine for retro purposes, it is pointless to spend money on it.

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
There is a massive performance difference between modern low end Hardware and whatever you can do with museum grade gear. And power consumption of old parts is much higher than modern ones, like the discrete Video Card, factor the cost of that, too.
Seriously, a low end modern APU would blow out of the water whatever you can do with that. More so if you are going to spend money in other components like the Video Card and RAM. If you aren't building an era accurate machine for retro purposes, it is pointless to spend money on it.
if you have 20$ only in your pocket and you want to use a computer, what would you do?

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
I remember building my first quad core PC for a customer out of Portland. The year was 2008. LGA 775 and Q6600. The client loved the build. He threw it away some years back, as it was obsolete. I would not put any money into this machine. If you could indeed find a working motherboard for $20 then sure. Keep it going a few more years. In the meantime, save your money for a new modern system. I would imagine that is a slow machine in 2021.

Insert_Nickname

Diamond Member
May 6, 2012
So, which solution is the best for me, please people? I disconsider to buy a newer platform right now, you have to stay the attentions into Lga 775, please.

To continue from the thread in mem. and stor.

Is there some particular reason you're staying on such an ancient platform? Since you mention professional usage, I'd seriously reconsider your position. Especially if you're already changing the mainboard.

New hardware is going to run circles around any LGA-775 system. Even modern Celerons are better, and that's saying something.

Mahzinho

Sep 20, 2020
To continue from the thread in mem. and stor.

Is there some particular reason you're staying on such an ancient platform? Since you mention professional usage, I'd seriously reconsider your position. Especially if you're already changing the mainboard.

New hardware is going to run circles around any LGA-775 system. Even modern Celerons are better, and that's saying something.
Brazil has very high rates for buying electronics, it's working 100%, but I want to have the best from the platform I am using, I spent on the Q9300 in few days, it's not only 100% about speed, but stability is marvelous. For the future I will def use a better platform or a laptop (newer one), but right now I have this and like this, just want to make it better.

Mahzinho

Sep 20, 2020
One thing for sure, I would not throw good money after bad. Save up until you can get something like a Chrome Book.
Chromebook won't attend to my usage. Financial market, programming and music. Perhaps programming ok, the rest no, and I like so much Windows 10. Thanks for the opinion!

Mahzinho

Sep 20, 2020
No, I won't change video-card only buy another for another computer I need running too, but all with lowest cost in energy like FX 580 from nVIDIA. Thanks for your opinion!

Status
Not open for further replies.