Best SmartWatch for fitness tracking

Salil

Jan 15, 2003
Hello,
I am looking for a smartwatch for fitness tracking. I would like to have the following features:
1. A good heart rate monitor that will work when you are sweaty in the gym.
2. Should integrate with myfitnesspal.
3. Should integrate with OnePlus 3 android phone.
4. Ability to pay at grocery stores.
5. Ability to use apps from Google playstore.

Bonus:
1. Would be great if it has a barcode scanner so that I could scan what I am eating straight to myfitnesspal.
2. Ability to get calendar notifications.

Something like a Fitbit Charge 2 would be too simple since it won't have Googe apps but I wonder how good of fitness tracker something like Samsung Gear 3 would be

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Well, if you insist on Android apps, it has to be Wear OS. If you're open to alternatives, what about the Fitbit Versa? You'd need the special edition for payments, but it's much more sophisticated than a basic tracker like the Charge 2.

It honestly sounds like you're gravitating toward the LG Watch Sport, if you can find it. There are few Wear OS watches that combine both a heart rate monitor and Google Pay (what you need for paying at grocery stores). You might want to wait for Google's next hardware event (September, perhaps?) given that there's rumors of at least one new LG watch arriving at the same time.

Calendar notifications are part and parcel of Wear OS and other smartwatch platforms, so that's not an issue. The barcode scanner, however? Like it or not, you'll probably have to forget about it. There aren't any consumer smartwatches with barcode scanners, and I wouldn't expect one any time soon.

aldensmith

Feb 21, 2019
Nowadays most of people use wearable devices to monitor their health and fitness. Sensors on these devices track everything from body movements to heart rate and even blood pressure. Different types of smartwatches available in the market and each have their own features.