best site to sell car?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Which do you prefer?

• cars.com

• autotrader.com

• carsoup.com

• ebay.com - motors

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.

A5

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2000
Probably easier to sell in the Spring, too. Not going to do a ton of enthusiast-style driving on winter tires :p

Ferzerp

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Naturally, though the OP didn`t specify so...

As far as options driving the cost up, it all depends on what those options are. Shadowline trim, maybe, but not a lot. iDrive will easily add several hundred. Color, wheels, trim, etc are irrelevant when it comes to cost. Unless it`s an Individual color combo, which generally comes with a nice extra price tag, they won`t change anything.

And yes, the sport seats are not even a question. The standard seats are horrible, IMHO of course.

Options matter, yes, but pretending that a specific set of options matters more than just the individual options that make it up is naive.

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
craigslist worked for me. KBB price was like 12k in excellent cond
Mine was in good condition. Listed it for 11k and sold it for 10k in like 3 weeks.

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
You don't want to bring a car like that from the rust belt out to California. Especially one with that many miles on it.
Probably so, but I was only kidding anyway. Our next fun car will almost definitely be a convertible anyway.