Best shooter games..for 2 player

pumpkinhead

Sep 20, 2011
My wife and I love to play "shoot em up" type games, not sure what the difference is between third person shooter and first person...

can you guys give me your opinion on the best shooter games that allow 2 player mode on the same computer with option to connect online (for when the wife is not around).

Preferably something with good graphics and fun guns! lol

Specop 007

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
Borderlands

ETA:

Although you cant to that on the same computer, you would need 2 computers. Fire up an emulator and go at it in Contra?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Serious Sam.
Get the super duper collectors edition on Steam right now. 1 and 2, both old and updated versions.
Awesome, pure awesome.

pumpkinhead

Sep 20, 2011
Just saw screen shots from serious sam...looks fun. I did see they make multiple ones like serious sam1, 2, 3..etc..

are all of them 2 player on the same computer?
are all of them able to be played online?

with my new setup, would love to be able to hook up 2 monitors and throw my wife on one and blow her up without her seeing what I am up to. LOL

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
My wife and I love to play "shoot em up" type games, not sure what the difference is between third person shooter and first person...

First person:

2n3GA.jpg

Third person:

VxnwE.jpg

There are very big differences between both in terms of gameplay and mechanics. For example, third person view would allow you to look behind cover while your character is still safely obstructed. First person, on the other hand, would not.

Last edited:

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
I think you need to define "shooter" games because I dcan't think of any FPS style shooter games on the PC that are same PC co-op.

Do you mean shooter as in FPS, like Call of Duty or Battlefield games or do you mean shooter as in side scrolling arcade type games like Raiden or Gradius?

pumpkinhead

Sep 20, 2011
First person:

2n3GA.jpg

Third person:

VxnwE.jpg

There are very big differences between both in terms of gameplay and mechanics. For example, third person view would allow you to look behind cover while your character is still safely obstructed. First person, on the other hand, would not.

Thank you, i was pretty sure this is what it was.. but I didn't want to make a comment I was not sure about. As you can tell I am not a huge gamer, just never had the rig for it. But about tooo :) I am still rocking the old N64 !!!

I think you need to define "shooter" games because I dcan't think of any FPS style shooter games on the PC that are same PC co-op.

Do you mean shooter as in FPS, like Call of Duty or Battlefield games or do you mean shooter as in side scrolling arcade type games like Raiden or Gradius?

I am Talking about FIRST person shooter...Same pc. If you remember the old james bond, golden eye for nintendo.. something like that would be cool. Basicly be able to sit in same room on one rig , with 2 monitors.

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
good luck on PC. doubt you'll find anything, especially not same pc with different screens.

you want to look at consoles, but even then i'm not sure how many fps games on consoles do split screen any more.

Last edited:

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Buy another computer and buy Borderlands.

With 2 people, Borderlands is an awesome game. Not to many games have cars that you can drive - one person drives and one person fires the rocket launcher or machine gun.

Another fun game is Serious Sam.

left 4 dead / left 4 dead 2 is fun for a couple of people.

pumpkinhead

Sep 20, 2011
pics of wife

I guess not to many women like gaming....

was going to actually put one in their for you, but i guess I dont have enough post or something as it wont let me put a image in, unless I use a URL. We dont post pics to URL's, all are on my desktop

jtvang125

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2004
If you enjoy horror/survival type games Resident Evil 5 is a blast in co-op. It's third person and doesn't support 2 player same screen though.