Best settings for HD content on Windows Media Player classic?

Discussion in 'Software for Windows' started by PhaZe, Dec 22, 2009.

1. PhaZe

PhaZe Platinum Member

Hey guys,

I uninstalled some codec (trying to do some spring cleaning ) but removed a required codec to play hd content. I redownloaded a new one but now the settings in WPC are reset and they stink.

For example, is there a way to be able to resize the window and keep the video aspect the same, like in VLC? When resize in Windows Media Player Classic, it just cuts off the video.

Also, what codecs or filters do you guys use? I found some guides but they all seem outdated (from 07 or so)

If you have any suggestions or links I would appreciate them

Thanks

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - settings content Windows Forum Date
    Java keeps blocking an application because of "my security settings" Software for Windows Sep 25, 2017
    Chrome's builtin Bing search setting breaks URL suggestion Software for Windows Jun 8, 2017
    FF loses web content display post CU Software for Windows Apr 13, 2017
    Firefox Will Add a Settings Section That Lets You Control "Performance" Software for Windows Apr 11, 2017
    Handbrake settings for video from Nexus 6? Software for Windows Feb 9, 2017

3. TJCS

TJCS Senior member

Have you tried Pan&Scan menu in MPC? there is an edit option that allows you to scale your videos. In terms of codecs, I recommend K-lite, you should be able to find it on google.

4. Modelworks

Modelworks Lifer

5. ImDonly1

ImDonly1 Platinum Member

If using MPC Home Cinema. Go in the options and in playback then output select EVR or EVR custom to enable hardware acceleration of some video files if you are using windows vista or windows 7. If you are using windows xp I think you have to use the WMR9 or something.

MPC HC plays anything for me without codecs. Use the link in the post above me to download MPC HC. As for your resize question, I don't think mine cuts the video off when resizing. You say MPC are you using the old MPC. MPC Home Cinema is the new version that is being updated now.

#4 ImDonly1, Dec 22, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2009