Best rock bands of the 70's era (1970-1980)...cast your votes

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
The Doobie Brothers were excellent, Pink Floyd created some monumental works, and they were able to perform them live. I got to see them perform "The Wall" live in Los Angeles. I love The Eagles, who combined excellent playing ability with great songs and magnificent vocal harmonies, and those old men (around my age) can still stand up and knock those tunes down live onstage, today. :thumbsup:

My favorite for sheer knockout talent, versatility and deeply intellectually complex jazz influenced compositions executed in a rock genre would be Steely Dan. Although they did perform live in various incarnations, once they were past their early years, it could be argued that Steely Dan wasn't really a band as much as the productions of Donald Fagen and Walter Becker. :cool:

Last edited:

Gintaras

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2000
A list of some of the greatest bands to ever grace the stage between 1970-1980. Vote for your your favorite.

OP fails - there can't be best or greatest band - MUSIC IS NOT A SPORT...

Also, there a lot of very good bands that weren't promoted at that time...

It's like talking: "what's best - fish or meat"? Neither...some like fish, some like meat...