Best Restaurant Meal you have ever had?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cleanerupper

Mar 13, 2006
Originally posted by: MIKEMIKE
Originally posted by: JS80
wow your beef noodles look like dogshvt.

try cowboy ribeye medium rare at Ruth's Chris, Porterhouse medium rare at The Palm, and Larwry's Prime Rib which I prefer well done.

your entire opinion on meat is completely blown apart because you like prime rib well done...

thats just not normal and completely unneccesary.

also, ive never eaten at Ruth's Chris, they just closed by me.

I agree, Prime Rib well done is just too dry and chewy.

Aug 16, 2001
Originally posted by: JS80
wow your beef noodles look like dogshvt.

try cowboy ribeye medium rare at Ruth's Chris, Porterhouse medium rare at The Palm, and Larwry's Prime Rib which I prefer well done.

I was going to say it looked like cooked uterus but I bet it was good anyway LOL.

SampSon

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
It's impossible to quantify one meal (or even meals from one place) as the best I've ever had.

It's either:
The chicken/veal marsala at this local italian place called LeBros
The "family style" italian meal at La Mela in NYC.
The lobster dinner at a local place called Friars Table.
French Onion soup at a local placed called French Pub.
Souvlaki dinner at a local place called Pano's.
Falafel and baba ganoush at a place called Pita Gourmet, outside of syracuse, NY
Pad Thai from Salad King in Toronto, CA.
Three cheese steak pizza from La Nova pizzaria.

Otaking

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2000
Best meals I've had were with groups of like 30+ at Fogo de Chao. Good food, great times. :beer:

mwtgg

Lifer
Dec 6, 2001
Originally posted by: ThaGrandCow
This one time I woke up and after a few drinks I said, "self... a double/double from in-n-out would be good, but a 100/100 would REALLY hit the spot."

time to loosen the belt

"How many times have we said, 'Sure, one hot dog is nice, but forty-seven more would really hit the spot'?"

Sluggo

Lifer
Jun 12, 2000
Some place down close to the beach in La Jolla. I had a butterfly pork chop that was drizzled in some apricot sauce.

Best damn meal I have EVER eaten, that is a dish I would fly cross-country for if I had the financial means.

KarmaPolice

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
Prime Rib...HUGE no clue how many ozs. It was bigger then my head...

This was at the Palm in cesears palace.

Darkstar757

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2003
Originally posted by: OpenThirdEye
One of the better lunch meals I've had was at TRYST in Adams Morgan. Here's a pic of the "Rosa" sammich: turkey, lettuce, basil-tomato pesto, and brie on toasted rosemary focaccia. Topped off with a blended soy chai! Mmmm...tasty!

Aw man this is my favorite place. I love there CHI and I always get the wasabi salmon sandwich.

bigfil

Golden Member
Dec 2, 2004
the best meal i had was on a recent vacation to san diego
we stayed at the Humphrey's Half Moon Inn & Suites right on the pier

http://www.humphreysbythebay.com/

i had their prime rib and lobster with a bottle of tom collins syrah
finished the entire bottle and left only a small piece of prime rib

that was most excellent

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Mama's Fish House, in Paia, Maui.

My FAVORITES include:
Appetizers
Seared Ahi with pineapple-tamarind sauce and hot mustard
Macadamia Nut Crab Cakes with fire and ice relish

Ono caught by Shawn Boneza trolling brightly colored lures.
Served in Hana ginger teriyaki with macadamia nuts and crispy Maui onion.

Plus, lots of "tropical libation" to go with it...My favorite is their "Scorpion"...4 different kinds of rum...wow...packs a pretty good "sting"...

http://www.mamasfishhouse.com/

SVT Cobra

Lifer
Mar 29, 2005
While I have had some great meals in some expensive places, my most enjoyable meal is eating a whole all american feast for four (the trashcan lid one) after a long day at the gym.

Ahh the chicken is to die for.

Skiddex

Golden Member
May 17, 2001
I can still taste this dish eventhough i had it a year ago. It was at Vivere in the Italian Village in Chicago. I had the Tonno con pure di piselli which is a seared ahi tuna. it was so incredible. cooked to perfection (which requires very little cooking). it almost melted in my mouth

linkified

Damn Dirty Ape

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 1999
Originally posted by: Zugzwang152
Originally posted by: compuwiz1
This ownz! I like it like that! :)

that does look like a tasy bit of filet mignon, but i still prefer their rib eye. :D

I think behind the sizzling I distinctly heard that piece of meat let out a 'moo'. Cut of meat is great, but :thumbsdown:

erikistired

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2000
some hole in the wall fish camp in jacksonville, down a gravel road and through a few neighborhoods. best seafood i've had in my life. i'd never find the place in a million years, but damn was it good good.