Best PS2 baseball game out ??

Soulkeeper

Diamond Member
Nov 23, 2001
which is the best baseball game for PS2 right now ??

which ones do you all own ?

thanks

Kevin

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2002
Depends on what you're looking for. Each game has its own strengths and weaknesses...

Soulkeeper

Diamond Member
Nov 23, 2001
I was thinking of getting either high heat or slugfest
anyone have any input on which is better or which strengths either might have over the other ??

Kevin

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2002
Originally posted by: Soulkeeper
I was thinking of getting either high heat or slugfest
anyone have any input on which is better or which strengths either might have over the other ??

Well, if you're torn between the two, then I'd have to say MVP Baseball 2003. High Heat is pure simulation whereas Slugfest has that arcadey feel. MVP is somewhat in the middle, its not a pure sim yet but its been straying away from the arcade feel. To be honest with you, I'm against any and all baseball titles for consoles for one main reason, roster updates. With the console version, you're stuck with pre-opening day rosters whereas with High Heat and MVP, there are weekly roster updates that people submit for download.

Just check out [my site] MVP Baseball or High Heat 2004 for all the updates you can easily install. I don't know for sure if High Heat has online play this year, but MVP does either wirh EA Sports Online or direct Lan settings.

You system should have no problems running either one but your overall experience will be better on the PC...