Best Price yet on D&D collection downloads until March 31

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
From Atari directly - the Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale/Planescape: Torment/Temple of Elemental Evil collection is $5; Neverwinter Nights complete is $7.50.

Note these are 'one time download' prices; they appear to charge $4 more (saw one charge for both games) for a 'two year service to re-download'.

This is a steal.

First collection:
http://www.atari.com/buy-games/acti...geons-amp-dragons-anthology-master-collection

NWN:
http://www.atari.com/buy-games/acti...geons-amp-dragons-neverwinter-nights-complete

DefDC

Golden Member
Aug 28, 2003
Very nice! Time to buy 3rd copies of these things! And gifts! :)

Martimus

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2007
Direct from Atari?
What kind of bullshit DRM does it come with?

I sincerely doubt it has any DRM. The games are so old, and the price so low that Atari would have a hard time justifying the expense of any DRM (which also will add to maintenance costs, beyond the upfront costs). Atari can't afford to throw away money like that, in fact I am surprised they are still solvent to be honest.

Golgatha

Lifer
Jul 18, 2003
I sincerely doubt it has any DRM. The games are so old, and the price so low that Atari would have a hard time justifying the expense of any DRM (which also will add to maintenance costs, beyond the upfront costs). Atari can't afford to throw away money like that, in fact I am surprised they are still solvent to be honest.

Never underestimate the power of stupid...just sayin'.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
DRM is ALWAYS stupid, but it still happens.
I'd love to play BG2 disc free, but if it has any kind of changes that means I cant use my favorite mods, like Tutu.

Martimus

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2007
DRM is ALWAYS stupid, but it still happens.
I'd love to play BG2 disc free, but if it has any kind of changes that means I cant use my favorite mods, like Tutu.

I am pretty sure it was on sale on GoG recently. I have both BG games from there with no DRM or a disc.

Unfortunately it is more expensive at GoG than this special.