Best places to buy fans w/good shipping rates

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Hi, I'm wanting to get a couple fans for my HSF and one for my case and I was interested in where you all shop for case fans. I'm in the U.S. and was also interested in companies that provide alternative/'cheaper' shipping options.

Thanks,
shark

Tullphan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2001
Jab-Tech, maybe?
$8.50 to ship 4x140mm fans via FedEx.
That's a little cheaper than Petra's...it's $11.25 to ship the same thing, but using USPS Priority instead of FedEx.
I checked the USPS Priority thru Jab-Tech & it was $9.20.

Zepper

Elite Member
May 1, 2001
I think svc.com will still ship small orders by first class uninsured to save on shipping, but you have to accept shipping risk. Look for a vendor that is located closer to you so that Priority mail can be a reasonable possibility. Priority rates escalate quickly with distance. Three fans with packaging will probably exceed the weight limit for First Class. Sidewindercomputers.com is in Indiana. Sometimes good shipping rates are available from Directron, but I've never browsed for fans there, so IDK the competitiveness of their fan pricing. jab-tech is near OKC, I think there is another vendor near Kansas City I think, but I've forgotten the name. I almost always buy my fans from either jab-tech or SVC. CostCentral is in Ohio, but again I have no knowledge of their fan offerings - I got some RAM from them at a very good deal and they are in a state right next door to mine. You may find a deal at XOxide or one of the other outfits in PA, but their shipping costs are often not competitive. Plus a good deal is often possible on eBay (offering a 10% discount to some selected seller/purchasers thru the 29th). Check iOffer.com (trying to elbow in on fleabay's territory) and the FS/T section here. I have a few fans and always competitive shipping - my thread link is in my sig. below.

.bh.

AmberClad

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
If you need only one or two, XPCGear sells Yates for $5.99 a pop, free shipping. Otherwise, just a bunch of them with volume discount from Jab-Tech.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Thanks Tullphan for your suggestion and shipping details and thanks to Rally Master for the Yate Loon heads up.

Zepper, Wow! The list and details you provided are extremely helpful. Thanks a million. I should have mentioned I live in WV so a couple of the places are close.

AmberClad, Thank you for link and the deal on the Yates. It's very tempting.

Also, is anyone familiar with coolerguys.com? They are out of Seattle.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
shoppts.com petras
Jab-tech.com Jab-tech
Performance-pcs.com
Sidewindercomputers.com
Svc.com
heatsinkfactory.com

:p

and theres more.

Gillbot

Lifer
Jan 11, 2001
Yeah, finding decent shipping rates for small items is becoming increasingly difficult.

I do alot of my cooling shopping at SVC and Sidewinder myself.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Thanks aigomorla and Gillbot! I'm bookmarking everything and it appears like they are all good sites.

mpilchfamily

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2007
For somthing as little as a fan i'd go to a local retailer and avoid shipping all together. hances are you may be able to get it cheaper there then having to tak on shipping to the price fo the fan.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Originally posted by: mpilchfamily
For somthing as little as a fan i'd go to a local retailer and avoid shipping all together. hances are you may be able to get it cheaper there then having to tak on shipping to the price fo the fan.

you cant beat yates unless you live in san jose or oklahoma, or florida, and your driving distance from those stores i listed.

Op pick store according to your location.

Jab-tech - Oklahoma Owner: John
Shoppts - Cali Owner: Alex
Performance-pcs - Florida Owner: Hank
SVC - Cali Owner: I have no clue
sidewinders - bah i forgot and im too lazy to look it up. Owner: Gary

Those are the 5 i usually end it on.

The first 3 i have very close connections to and also highly recomend.

Originally posted by: RallyMaster
Jab-tech needs to get restocked on Yate Loon D12BL-12s :(

OOPS i think thats my fault. I cleaned john out on my last order. I had to pick up 15 of them. :X

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Originally posted by: mpilchfamily
Unfortunately, Radio Shack is about the only thing locally I can think of. There prices are also retail and probably have to order anything I need. That's small town life for ya... :(

aigomorla,
Thanks for the details and recommendations. It's reassuring hearing that everyone has dealt with some or all of these vendors. I can order with confidence and hopefully save a little bit of money on shipping.

RallyMaster

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2004
Originally posted by: aigomorla

OOPS i think thats my fault. I cleaned john out on my last order. I had to pick up 15 of them. :X

WTH aigo. Sell me some!

zagood

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005

WTH aigo. Sell me some!

He's trying to set up the ultimate air cooled rig. Since he's so used to water cooling, he's completely out of touch with the concept of "efficient airflow" and is trying to replicate this:

http://www.peteredge.orconhosting.net.nz/casefan.html

-z

Arc 0V

Jan 12, 2008
Originally posted by: zagood

WTH aigo. Sell me some!

He's trying to set up the ultimate air cooled rig. Since he's so used to water cooling, he's completely out of touch with the concept of "efficient airflow" and is trying to replicate this:

http://www.peteredge.orconhosting.net.nz/casefan.html

-z

haha, what a case :p