Best place to buy contacts online?

MrsBugi

Platinum Member
Aug 19, 2005
I've never purchased contact lenses online before, but they're considerably cheaper on the internet. So far, the ones I'm considering are:

1800contacts.com

contacts1st.com

lens.com

Has anyone had a positive experience elsewhere that they could recommend? I wear SofLens 66 Torics. Thanks!

troytime

Golden Member
Jan 3, 2006
i've bought from 1800 contacts before

service seemed fine :)

i also got 5% cash back from fatwallet

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
use 1800 contacts, + fat wallet + money off coupon + Rebates = great service/great price.

haven't used contact1st.com and lens.com but 1800 contacts is legit.

MrsBugi

Platinum Member
Aug 19, 2005
Originally posted by: troytime
i've bought from 1800 contacts before

service seemed fine :)

i also got 5% cash back from fatwallet

Thanks for the feedback, 1800 contacts seems the best-known but they're about $3 more per box there compared to other sites.

Dunbar

Platinum Member
Feb 19, 2001
I posted here looking for alternatives to 1800contacts but nobody responded. Their prices have been steadily increasing and there is no more guaranteed free shipping. In checking froogle it looks like these are decent:

Contactlensking.com
shipmycontacts.com

I'll probably give one a try next time I order, that will save me $20-30 on two 90 packs of Focus Dailies.

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
Originally posted by: Dunbar
I posted here looking for alternatives to 1800contacts but nobody responded. Their prices have been steadily increasing and there is no more guaranteed free shipping. In checking froogle it looks like these are decent:

Contactlensking.com
shipmycontacts.com

I'll probably give one a try next time I order, that will save me $20-30 on two 90 packs of Focus Dailies.

I've read some reviews on contactlensking, and they seem horrible.
Poor customer service. They have no clue with regards to your order according to reviews you read about them.

AZGamer

Golden Member
May 14, 2001
1800contacts -

great card related deals (some mileage promotion for US Airways), great rebates (yes, they actually send them fairly quickly), good prices

Their shipping might not be free, but it's Fedex - and I've never had a problem with their product, and for something like contacts that deal with my vision (not just a random PC part), I'll pay a slight premium for good service.