Best place to buy bulk domain names? Over a hundred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzzybabybunny

Moderator<br>Digital & Video Cameras
Jan 2, 2006
What's the best place to get domain names? I buy over a hundred domain names each year, one at a time.

I used to use GoDaddy and their bulk rates were $8.37, but recently the price has jacked up to $13.

Plus GoDaddy pisses me off with their auto-renew settings, which are always turned on even though I specify that they be turned OFF. And it always auto-selects a period between 3-5 years for the registration instead of the default 1 year.

I've looked at 1&1 and there is no way to just buy for one year without autorenewing.

Thread locked 10/20/2015 because it attracted a spammer -- Programming Moderator Ken g6

Last edited by a moderator:

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
Have you considered getting one domain and having several subdomains? Like www.anandtech.com and forums.anandtech.com?

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Awesome - thanks! The thing looks ugly as hell but all the basic options are a go!

Good-bye GoDaddy's clusterfuck of a checkout process.

You're welcome, I just noticed their list of freebies on the far right ... pretty impressive:

Free: 50 URL Forwarding
Free: Subdomains URL Forwarding
Free: Catch-all URL Forwarding
Free: Geographic URL Forwarding
Free: 100 Email Forwarding
Free: Subdomain Email Forwarding
Free: Catch-all Email Forwarding
Free: internet domain name PUSH
Free: internet domain name parking
Free: Realtime internet domain name contact/registrant update
Free: DNS Server list update
Free: DNS Management
Total control of your domain names
Free Private WHOIS

All my domains are currently registered with NameCheap.com, maybe as they expire I'll move them over to internet.bs

rozkan

Mar 1, 2013
Awesome - thanks! The thing looks ugly as hell but all the basic options are a go!

Good-bye GoDaddy's clusterfuck of a checkout process.

I think they do it on purpose. Basically it is a scam, only it is legal. Imagine if you don't know much about interfaces and/or you are old and/or are not very focused, it is very easy accidentally to buy one or more of their crap products that does nothing.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Another option is Enom. Last I used them they have a pretty nice interface. It's made for resellers but I imagine if you are buying that many domains it will work for you. Last I checked you need to put an initial amount of cash in the account, like a couple grand, so it's not for someone who just wants a few domains.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
GoDaddy is pretty bogus but they tell you everything and you don't have to search through gobs of text to find it.

I only stick with them because I have everything all in one spot. I save by registering for multiple years. Domain renewal and web hosting is pretty cheap all things considered, it will take a bit to make me budge.

Crusty

Lifer
Sep 30, 2001
GoDaddy is pretty bogus but they tell you everything and you don't have to search through gobs of text to find it.

I only stick with them because I have everything all in one spot. I save by registering for multiple years. Domain renewal and web hosting is pretty cheap all things considered, it will take a bit to make me budge.

Godaddy's UI designer should really consider a different line of work. That site makes my eyes bleed and brain hurt trying to find anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.