Best Personal Grill to make Steak/Hamburgers on?

Ender

Golden Member
Jul 24, 2001
I need a small grill that will work in the kitchen to make decent steak/hamburgers. Most importantly is the steak. I was thinking of the Foreman grill and I heard some good things about it, but I'm open to other ideas.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
well if you want something for inside the house then yeah the Foreman grill is great.

PTCvette

Banned
Sep 26, 2002
Ditto on the foreman. I did steaks on it one time before I got my grill, and they came out really well. Haven't used any other kind of indoor grill type thing, so I don't know how anything else would compare, but I do know the Foreman does a heck of a job.

Jeff

KillyKillall

Diamond Member
Jul 1, 2004
Forget that. Build an indoor patio with a TurboGrill. Honestly, I can't say I like using the Foreman. Then again, I'm really an outdoor grilling kind of guy.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Nothing beats a Foreman.

Are there even any lookalikes?

pancho619

Platinum Member
Feb 4, 2000
You got another vote for the Foreman Grill. The medium one works so well, I went out and bought the Foreman BBQ Grill (indoor/outdoor), it works like a charm.

Ender

Golden Member
Jul 24, 2001
Which model should I go for? The standard one lacks any temp. settings which concerns me. Should I go for the more advanced one that has a temp. setting? It's $33 for the advanced one vs. $15 for the standard. However, I'm only assuming the advanced one has a temp. setting. I'm not even sure.

Also, is the surface area great enough to cook a medium-large sized steak properly? The standard is 6 by 7 inches while the advanced one is 7 by 9 inches.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: JoeKing
Formans are good for burgers and chicken breasts. For steaks get a mini webber!!

actually i think the mini-webber (smokey joe) is far better then the Forman for anything.

BUT when you can't grill outdoors the Forman does make a great burger.

bockchow

Platinum Member
Sep 18, 2001
weberQ is awsome but it's not for indoor use. if your limited to indoor only then get a nice forman.

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
Foreman is OK. But can't match a Weber. If you really want to grill, charcoal is the only way to go. The Foreman "grill" is really just a creative way to fry.

It does a better job than pan-frying, but it's nothing all that special.

ZV

Ender

Golden Member
Jul 24, 2001

Ender

Golden Member
Jul 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Zenmervolt
Foreman is OK. But can't match a Weber. If you really want to grill, charcoal is the only way to go. The Foreman "grill" is really just a creative way to fry.

It does a better job than pan-frying, but it's nothing all that special.

ZV

True, but I want something simple and quick.

yhelothar

Lifer
Dec 11, 2002
ugghh... Maybe I used the wrong foreman grill.
I've used a foreman grill once for burgers and NEVER again!
It tastes like it was boiled in water!
Foreman grills just heats it up, it doesn't add char.

I'd say best indoor grill is an oven that can broil.

AntisociaL

Golden Member
Dec 29, 2001
Originally posted by: virtualgames0
ugghh... Maybe I used the wrong foreman grill.
I've used a foreman grill once for burgers and NEVER again!
It tastes like it was boiled in water!
Foreman grills just heats it up, it doesn't add char.

I'd say best indoor grill is an oven that can broil.

Oh it adds all the char you want,chicken breasts come out awesome on it.Just gotta make sure you clean it right away or that char is a bitch to get off.

KingNothing

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2002
I used one without a temperature control all summer and it wasn't a big deal, although it might have been nice to experiment with it. As long as you don't cook anything too thick on there it'll be fine.