Question best PCIe x16 GPU for purposes of DC

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Turbonium

Platinum Member
Mar 15, 2003
Fairly straightforward question: what's the best PCIe x16 GPU for purposes of distributed computing (ignoring cost)?

cellarnoise

Mar 22, 2017
At some point I'd like to compare my Odroid N2+ Boinc performance per watt with the pi 4b, though I only have it doing limited WCG tasks and no GPU tasks yet. I need to get it running on something else than android for that. The N2+ maxes out at 4 gb of ram and the S922X CPU is on a smaller node / process? With the 4 arm a73 cores and 2 a53 cores it may have a performance per watt advantage at stock and maybe when overclocked some?

Though all these SBC arm Socs will likely be surpassed relatively soon after COVID supply issues are over and the next generation low powered SOC come out?

All the common Arm SBC that I know of are now old and the next generation was never released?

I just picked up an original Odroid N2 2GB that was sold to me as a 4GB.... Even at lower clocks running Linux it still seems spunky... Though if I don't get reimbursed some for the lack of advertised Ram it is going back!