Best PC Gaming villains

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
Kane is my favorite. Few series had such an iconic villain spanning several games. Shodan was good too. I also like Bosch from Freespace 2 and Kreia from KOTOR 2 (not exactly a villain, but kind of).

Last edited:

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Kane is my favorite. Few series had such an iconic villain spanning several games. Shodan was good too. I also like Bosch from Freespace 2 and Kreia from KOTOR 2 (not exactly a villain, but kind of).

-Admiral Bosch was great and Volition knew it. Basically the entire story of Freespace 2 was built around Bosch's attempt to ally with the Shivans.

Reactions: CP5670

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Vaas Montenegro - Farcry 3
Booker Dewitt
- Bioshock series.... uhhh don't click the spoiler unless you want to kill the series if you haven't played it.
Sephiroth - Final Fantasy 7
Creeper - Minecraft

Last edited:
Reactions: Racan and Fenixgoon

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Jon Irenicus - Baldur's Gate 2
The CIA - Alpha Protocol
Kyros - Tyranny (they really need to make a Tyranny 2, damnit)
Imlerith - Witcher 3
Apollyon - For Honor

Reactions: Magic Carpet

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
wow lots of great answers here.

Kane was amazing in the original C&C, but went downhill fast.
Sovereign is amazing. They tried to replicate him with Leviathan but it doesnt work.

Ive never played system shock. But, i did play Portal ... *hint*

I nominate Myrtani, the Aurak, from the Champions of Krynn series (old man stuff). Even though you fight Lord Soth in the next game, he's not got much presence, while Myrtani is amazing.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
In the most recent game I completed, Shadowrun: Dragonfall -

Dr. Adrian Vauclair - He actually had some solid points on how Dragons would eventually conquer mankind and having witnessed first hand both the destructive power of dragons as well as their cunning and guile, he was in a position to make a weirdly convincing big picture argument for their genocide. Little did he know what kind of eldrich nightmares the dragons were holding at bay.

Siding with him means having to fight and kill your entire party that you just went through the game with, only for the game to pick up over a year later. While things got better at first and the wealth the dragons horded was broken up and enriched everyone, without their magic essentially keeping multiple planes of existence from layering on top of reality, cthulu-esq monstrosities from other realities manifested in ours and essentially ate everyone, ending the reign of man.

Racan

Golden Member
Sep 22, 2012
Gaunter O'Dimm - The Wither 3 Hearts of Stone

The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt_Hearts_of_Stone_Tell_me_witcher_is_this_about_love-Copy.jpg

Reactions: mikeymikec

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
No one is going to mention Dr. Breen from Half Life 2?

- IMO he is a villain in a game on the PC... but he's really quite dull when it comes right down to it.

Its been ages since I played HL2, but I felt like his character would have been so much better if he had been less administerial and more zealous. Alternatively, if we wasn't even a real person and just another construct used by the combine to keep people enslaved.

I loved a lot of things about HL2, but Breen certainly wasn't some strong antagonist. Certainly wouldn't consider him one of the best.

Reactions: Pohemi and Racan

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Succubus - Vindictus.

:D
one of the hottest villans in pc gaming.