Best overclocking motherboard? for KT333

Chubbz

Golden Member
Oct 2, 2001
I've been eyeing the Soltek, but the gigabyte has so many more features but has weak overclocking abilities, I wanna know which KT333 motherobard has the BEST overclocking abilities, money is probably not a problem, and is the Abit KR7A-133 a great overclocking board? I'm not sure I want to get it, because I'm going to be overclocking to very high FSB speeds, and its only KT266A. HMMM, based on all the hulabaloo I just said, please help me out here.

Chubbz

Golden Member
Oct 2, 2001
another thing about the abit is that the ALU and FPU scores are kinda bad compared to the Soltek and the Gigabyte, does the Soltek allow you to mod the voltage? and by how much?

retrospooty

Platinum Member
Apr 3, 2002
my next board will be the Epox kt333 mobo, I had too many problems with the A7V266E, and Asus support is totally non-existant. The Epox boards are all hitting 200mhz, one review even got up to 230, thats friggin 460mhz.... Plust its totally jumperfree, unlike the Asus board. but they are hitting 200 mhz at cas 2, 4 way interleave, 1T etc... all settings maxed out for performance. It has become widely known out there as the new overclock/performance champ, and its only $100.

Chubbz

Golden Member
Oct 2, 2001
but the drawback to those epox boards are the speed, or lack thereof according to this review so i dun know what to dO!!!!!

retrospooty

Platinum Member
Apr 3, 2002

<< but the drawback to those epox boards are the speed, or lack thereof according to this review so i dun know what to dO!!!!! >>

DOnt believe that review... I've read at least a dozen, and they are all equal to the other kt333 mobo's. only they overclick better and given that score better on ALL benchmarks. go out and do a websearch for yourself, read more reviews , then decide.