Best online comic price guide

gururu2

Oct 14, 2007
Does anyone use an online website to manage their comic collection and have success in trading or selling their inventory?

I just realized that this is available but their must be 10s of sites hard to pick from.

Skel

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
For managing my collection (around 12k books) I use, and highly recommend

http://www.collectorz.com/comic/

It has the ability of bar code scanning, and also will let you download all the book's info from their main DB. It's a dream when you're reinventorying.

For selling, eBay is still king. There are some other sites like comiccollectorlive.com
that are a bit more targeted, but you have a lot more competition for your stuff. It's a market that's really up and down, currently in a cooling phase. It normally picks up in the fall after all the movies are out and people are back in school. Why not during the summer when things are coming out? No idea. My guess is people have vacations and other stuff to do. When they're back in the normal grind they're more willing to spend on this kind of stuff. You also need to understand you're in a long term market. You're not going to flip everything quickly (unless you're really good at seeing what's going to be hot in the future) and odds are you'll end up carrying a lot more inventory than you planned on.