Best of the "Skate" games?

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Dankk, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Dankk

Dankk Diamond Member

I've always been a PC gamer, but since my family got an HDTV, I decided to pick up a PS3 just recently. There's a lot of PS3/console exclusive games I'm looking forward to playing.

Skate is one I'm thinking about. I played the hell out of Tony Hawk Pro Skater on Playstation/N64, and I'm hankering for a new skateboarding game since PC doesn't really have any. I know Skate is supposed to be more "realistic" (which is OK), but my question is, which Skate game is the best?

Looks like there's three of them. The first one can be had for really cheap, but Skate 3 is only $20 as well. I only want one. Any opinions about this series?

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Skate games Forum Date
    PS4 games Console Gaming Apr 19, 2017
    A request of filling an online survey, please help me out Console Gaming Apr 5, 2017
    DS games Console Gaming Mar 4, 2017
    Original white XBOX 360 vs Xbox One playing old COD games Console Gaming Feb 13, 2017

3. gorcorps

gorcorps aka Brandon

I didn't play the 3rd one, but from what I read every one got better and the only negatives were that they didn't quite do enough different in each version. But since you haven't played them, that won't apply so I say go with 3 and have the "best" version.

4. Oyeve

Oyeve Lifer

I have all of them and skate 2 is my favorite followed by 3 then 1.

5. zerocool84

zerocool84 Lifer

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD comes out on PS3 on the 28th. You should pick it up.

6. Dankk

Dankk Diamond Member

I hear some people say Skate 2 is the best, because it's a smoother, improved version of 1, without becoming outlandish and cartoon-y like 3. Like it's a good balance between the two (again, this is just what I hear).

Skate 3 apparently does have hardcore mode though, which interests me.

That's awesome! I think I remember hearing about that. I'll put that on my list of upcoming games to look out for.

7. Oyeve

Oyeve Lifer

If I were you I would get 2 and 3. I like 3 but as stated Jason Lee in it can be annoying. Either one is really good. I would bypass 1 at this point as not being able to get off your board stinks.

8. Homerboy

Homerboy Lifer

3 is the best I think.
    Each one seems to really be a refining of the one before it.
    Is there any talk of a 4?