best national park u been to?

kalster

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2002
i havent been to yellowstone but grand canyon national park was really really good

so wat arches national park in utah

what is the best u been to?

Alternex

Oct 9, 1999
I went to Acadia earlier this year for my 1 yr anniversary. It was really cool. If you go to the tallest peak there for sunrise, you'll supposedly be the first person in the US to see the sun that day.

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by: Alternex
I went to Acadia earlier this year for my 1 yr anniversary. It was really cool. If you go to the tallest peak there for sunrise, you'll supposedly be the first person in the US to see the sun that day.

I did that..and it was absolutely AMAZING. A wedding was taking place and people were meditating on the rocks too. The way the golden circle rose from the fog laden ocean, "dotted" with pretty green islands, etc. IF I can find one of my pics, Ill scan it.

Stark

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2000
Acadia is cool.

I think both Yellowstone and Yosemite beat it though. Yosemite is the best if you want to camp. It also has the best views and hiking.

Yellowstone is the best if you want to stay in a lodge (I don't know if you want to camp with bison and grizzlies cruising around). We stayed in one of the old lodges and you could see Old Faithful go off out the window. Hard to top that. It has the best wildlife I've ever seen, but Glacier National and Grand Teton is supposed to be pretty close.

I'd visit all three of those before Grand Canyon again.

kalster

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2002
man i miss all that in the midwest

yellowstone shue be amazing

altho i am not sure winter is the best time to go there

melvinfx

Sep 1, 2003
portland national park! BOUYA!! sure it is only the size of a soccer feild but it is by the water, then again it is right beside the hiway too!.

almega

Feb 22, 2001
WE really loved Canyonlands NP, we hiked for 5 days in the fall several years ago and didn't see another person the entire time.

Slacker

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I dont know why but I was surprised to see Acadia mentioned, let alone first, I went there about five years ago in the middle of october, it was one of those vacations that make you want to never go home.

I have lots of sunset pics from the cabin we rented, it was on clarks cove facing west and there was no land visible on the far side of the cove so the sunsets looked like a west coast view, the colors and clouds were amazing.

Acadia is a beautiful park and well worth the trip.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
I don't think I've ever been to a Nation Park, but I've been to State Parks and National Forests. Pinnacle Rock State Park in southern WV would be the best I've been to.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: cheapgoose
Originally posted by: conjur
Yosemite!

:D

El Capitain
Half Dome
Wawona Tunnel View

:beer:

man, the hike to halfdome is way too long, and and it's all aid on the nose.

but still, nothing compares to yosemite!

That's why I like the Panaroma Trail (long but gets you past Nevada, Vernal, and Illillouette Falls and up to Glacier Point. Then, take the Four-mile down for views of the Upper and Lower Yosemite Falls down to the valley floor then hike it back to your car along the road ;)

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
Volcano National Park on the Big Island. Seeing the new earth, formed out of nothing but lava, is really amazing.

cjchaps

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2000
For the coolest volcanic stuff and weird smells - Yellowstone

For the best rainforests in the sates - Olympia NP

For the best mushroom searching and pictures - Mt. Rainier

Best cave - Mammoth NP

Nice views and where you can get a nice warm day, rained on, then a snow storm in the mountains - Rocky Mountain NP

Best scenery - Glacier NP

Coolest rock formations - Arches, Bryce, and Zion NP's.

Coolest single standing rock/mountain - Devil's Tower NP

I love our national parks!