Best mousepad for g9x?

Jorgex41

Aug 11, 2013
I need a hard mousepad for my g9x (high dpi) and this are the options that I have in my country:

Razer vespula,Razer destructor,Razer exactmat,Steelseries 9hd,Steelseries steelpad SP, SHARKOON 1337,Roccat sota, Roccat raivo,Zowie swift,Zowie G-CM,Corsair MM400,
CM Storn HS-M Battle Pad and Revoltec Precision Pro.

All of this are hardpads but some may be coated with cloth, I dont want the ones that are coated with cloth, I prefer plastic.
These are the only ones available in my country I dont have func pads in here nor rocketfish,ratpadz,etc. All of this mousepads are within the same price range.

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
Why not use a plastic place mat? The right surface, big area, and cheap. Want it hard? Glue it to a piece of solid material.

Think outside the computer box. :)

Last edited:

TidusZ

Golden Member
Nov 13, 2007
I've used G9 + G9x with razer exactmat for 6+ years or so. The mousepad will last forever if you dont cut it with a hacksaw or something. Works really well. It's made of metal. My mom has a rocketfish that's basically an exact copy of it. I use it in vertical orientation

Jorgex41

Aug 11, 2013
Why not use a plastic place mat? The right surface, big area, and cheap. Want it hard? Glue it to a piece of solid material.

Think outside the computer box. :)

Thx for your idea, but what I really want is a good mousepad made by a good company.
Many people think that a good mousepad isn't important,but for some mice
(like mine) it is,because the laser that my g9x uses behaves better in certain mousepads, and cloth pads cant bring out its full potential.
Some company's spend years researching for the best mousepad that they can create and I possibly couldn't replicate that with a plastic pace mat.

TidusZ

Golden Member
Nov 13, 2007
Thx for your idea, but what I really want is a good mousepad made by a good company.
(like mine) it is,because the laser that my g9x uses behaves better in certain mousepads, and cloth pads cant bring out its full potential.
Some company's spend years researching for the best mousepad that they can create and I possibly couldn't replicate that with a plastic pace mat.

ya, metal pad = less liftoff distance which is nice for mouse lifter and shifters.

Jorgex41

Aug 11, 2013
I've used G9 + G9x with razer exactmat for 6+ years or so. The mousepad will last forever if you dont cut it with a hacksaw or something. Works really well. It's made of metal. My mom has a rocketfish that's basically an exact copy of it. I use it in vertical orientation

I'm from portugal and in the portuguese forums they all recommend the
steelseries 9hd but I have seen great reviews about almost every mousepad that I mentioned and that's why I'm having such a hard time figuring out which one should i choose.

TidusZ

Golden Member
Nov 13, 2007
I'm from portugal and in the portuguese forums they all recommend the
steelseries 9hd but I have seen great reviews about almost every mousepad that I mentioned and that's why I'm having such a hard time figuring out which one should i choose.

They both probably work just as well. just don't get the white razor one

Ben90

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2009
Meh, I think you are looking at gains from the wrong area. For the G9x all that really matters is size and something that is comfortable for you to mouse over. The sensor from the G9x is robust enough that you get the same tracking if you are using it on your hairy leg or the best mousepad. If you had a more finicky mouse like a Zowie AM or something, there is definitely something to be had for mousepad research.

If you want better speed, you should be looking at something other than a G9x. Coming off a first gen Deathadder, it was apparent the G9x isn't cut out for low sensitivity gaming. It is reasonable precision wise although there are still a few better alternatives that cost the same as the "highest quality" mousepads.

Last edited:

Braxos

May 24, 2013
I have the 9hd. Some thinks I like on it. Hardtop you can easily see the dirt it gets and you can clean it without damaging the surface. It not to high so you must bend the wrist. It sticks on place, my desk is from glass. It does not eat the feets of the mouse as other hardtop pads. You can take it on couch with a wireless mouse it will make its work if the surface is abit not even. Mouse will glide from it owns weight on small angles. On couch I have problem letting it the mouse on the pad.

Cons high price and you can't bend it to make it small if you want to take it with you.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
IMO a light colored neoprene cloth pad is the best. Light colored because more of the infrared laser will be reflected, and cloth because I like the resistance.